(I know I just love that feeling of going through the motions of my routine and then ticking all those boxes in one go, so satisfying!)
Some ideas I like to use on days when I am struggling to incorporate a workout include;
-5 to 10 BIG jump squats just as I finish making my bed to get my heart rate up and my body feeling ready for the day.
-Dancing around my bedroom to celebrate completing a small task (like taking my all of my medicines and putting them away / tidying my space / putting a few things away that is been avoiding…)
-Stretching out my body wherever I feel stiff after waking up. This can be great on days where I don’t feel like getting my heart rate up, but let’s me take the time to feel my body and listen to what it needs for a little while.
-Squat pulses whilst I drink my morning glass of water, or jumping around the house when I’m opening curtains 😂
-High knees sprinting until my morning coffee has brewed.
Basically, if there’s a moment of waiting that you would like to / could add some movement to, go for it. Whether you enjoy high intensity or just gentle stretching or anything in between, my view is that moving your body is moving your body, and you get to choose what you feel you need each moment. (How cool is that!?)
Ps; I am so impressed by your working out at the gym at work, and would 100% count that as a part of your fabulous morning routine!
I hope this could help. Sending love and encouragement! 🤗
I hope you have a blessed and beautiful day. 🌻
- What can I do to do my morning exercise every day? Any helpful tips?
- Does just a 30 min walk count as exercise? Also, if a pedometer app like Google Fit says I have walked 30 mins throughout the day but not consecutively, does that count?
- Anyone who hates exercise yet managed to lose some weight for health, what advice can you offer?
- How do I figure out when to do my exercise? I don’t feel like there is a cut out recipe.
- When is the best time to exercise according to science. Before or after a full meal?
- How do you get someone who is experiencing depression to exercise?
- What do I do on days where I don’t feel that I have the energy or willpower to exercise?
- What do you do when you don’t have enough time?
- I have real trouble In being active throughout the day. No excuses, am lazy. How do I not be?
- What kind of exercise do you do?