A smart watch might be your best option. It can take time getting used to sleeping with something on your wrist but I would recommend giving it a try
I use my Apple Watch and an app called pillow. I charge my watch while I’m driving to work instead of at night. I’ve also found my Apple Watch to be very useful because I can use it to listen to audio books, or to “Calm” meditations without having to have my phone near me at night. I use a pair of Bluetooth headphones connected to the Apple Watch and it works very well. If you don’t have an Apple Watch a cheap Fitbit, or many other fairly cheap fitness trackers out there will track sleep but my favorite is the Apple Watch. It’s a great tool to keep you away from your phone but still be able to answer emergency texts or phone calls if your trying to get rid of a phone addiction as well
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?