Is it time?
Is it lack of resources?
Is it a lack of support from your peers?
Write down every single task you haven't finished and next to it write 1 excuse or a reason why you haven't completed it.
Now write next to it 2 reasons why you should have completed it, how it might have improved your life and 3 ways to actually do it.
Congratulations, you should now have the right attitude to approach any task.
Do everything you can to make the task easy – for instance if you want to go to the gym in the morning, sleep in your gym clothes and put your trainers right by your bed.
You can also try the 5 second rule. Count down from 5 and on 1, start doing the thing. It’s really powerful, there’s YouTube videos by Mel Robbins (she’s awesome).
For the first kind, I usually try to think what’s really stopping me from getting this done, what fear do I have that’s making me procrastinate and not do my tasks.
For the other kind, I recently started using the Pomodoro technique and it seems to keep me going for some time.
Not sure if this would work for everyone, but even with these there are still days I have with no actual productivity. Hope you find your path 🙂
- How far in advance do you put tasks on your to do list? I am a big procrastinator and if I see something on my to do list that’s not due for a while I tend to just ignore it. Any suggestions on how to solve this?
- How far ahead should one write their list.. i.e. daily, weekly or monthly?
- Is it any way to make do to list more creative but still keep them simple?
- What strategies do you use to prioritize & organize “to do now” vs “to do later” tasks?
- How to make sure you stick to your list when something else that you need to finish first just popped out?
- How to make a to do list more interesting?
- time management? How to be more effective with time? I am a person who cares a lot about details, and in my work, I tend to refine concepts a lot. I find myself time swept often and offset my to do’s.
- How can I do a ideal write to do list? Can you share an example
- How do you manage your energy Vs. Your ambition (i.e. multiplicity of projects you want to do) ?
- How do you prioritise your three main things to do when you have loads more to do?