Yes, take your time. You'll move to longer meditation sessions naturally, when your conscious *and* subconscious selves are ready.
- Does meditation help with energy?
- Do you meditate in complete silence or prefer ambient music?
- How do you get your mind to stay centered when you meditate? Mine keeps drifting into thoughts?
- How does one find energy in the middle of the day without caffeine or a nap?
- How important is body position for meditation?
Good job for sticking to 5 minute meditations! What helped me to move to longer meditations is finding the right technique. There is a technique called '' noting'', Google it maybe and try to find a meditation with that technique and explore yourself different approaches. Good luck!
Use guided meditations that are easily found on YouTube. Trying to do it myself, my mind would wander. Jason Stephenson is brilliant!
It's very easy to feel distracted during meditation. When I started, it was a challenge for me. With time, I have learnt to overcome this by smoothly letting go of distracting thoughts followed by taking a deep breath and beginning to inhale and exhale again
Yes! Download the Insight Timer app. It’s brilliant and completely free. It allows you to choose from over 8000 different guided meditations – all different subjects and timings. Try it!
Hello. I know for me I can get distracted easily too. My input is to do what you're comfortable with and don't move your practice too drastically forward. It may also help for the next couple of sessions to keep a journal of how distracted you felt before the session and after in a way that makes it easy for you to see the effect and also what was triggering the distraction maybe a thought or something in the environment. If you find that thoughts are causing you yo be distracted, something in your body or your environment then you can make necessary arrangements so that the root of your distraction is handled and you can adjust your meditation accordingly. You can also increase your time slightly and see how that goes and keep a record of what worked for you and what didn't. But always keep in mind that the process is part of the practice and not just the means to an end result. Keep on being Fabulous ❤️
Just take your time and go as you feel. Maybe add 10 seconds each time you meditate and it will add up in no time. I get distracted very easily as well and I just try to focus on my breath whenever it happens. Even though it can be kind of stressful. But I guess it's a work in progress 🙂
- What do you think about when you meditate?
- I just have such a hard time not letting my thoughts get in the way, any suggestions?
- What do people “get “out of meditation?
- Is there a position in which you feel more easy to concentrate?
- What time is needed for meditation? Should it be different in the morning and in the evening? If you sometimes fall asleep during meditation, what should you do?
- In meditation. Is your mind supposed to be clear or can you meditate on something positive (or both)?
- How do you sit straight but relaxed?
- When meditating are there easier ways to focus instead of visualizing my breath? I have a hard time concentrating and keeping my mind from wandering when meditating. Does this get better with practice? And what are tips to get better?
- Sometime, while meditating I feel the urge to open my eyes. It’s better to open them or trying to focus harder?
- How do you know when you’re comfortable enough to start meditating without a guided meditation?