for me, just start doing it and you'll get a momentum. also, employing a pomodoro timer helps. whenever you think of something else while in a pomodoro, just write it in a piece of paper labeled 'interruptions'
Try meditation every day – it works for me and it is really simple – sit down comfortably where no one will disturb you, no need to sit in a yoga pose, simply on a comfortable chair with your back straight, feet on the floor and hands on the knees (that's how I've been taught) and breathe in and out slowly and concentrate on the breathing (counting your inhales and exhales to ten helps to keep focus as a beginner – count to ten and then another ten and so on) As soon as you catch yourself thinking about something – let it go and concentrate on the breathing again and so on and so on. Meditation is about noticing when the mind wanders off and bringing it back to the place of peace and focus. With practice it helps to focus and concentrate in other areas of every day life 🙂 also put your phone in airplane mode – hugest distraction while needing to concentrate – the world will not stop spinning if you go offline for a little while 😀 P.S. I use meditation app called Headspace 🙂
I like to study with other people around me. I don’t really know people that are working on the same things as me but it’s nice to have people there to hold me accountable, and when I need a good break they’re there for that too! It also helps to have them there to bounce ideas off each other or try to teach what I’m learning to them, so really we’re both learning something!
- I’m really curious! What did you decide to learn as part of your new habit? And why?
- What’s the best online learning platform to learn a new skill to make a career change?
- How do you find motivation to make it a daily habit? If you don’t complete that task and achieve your golden triangle does it bother you? And if not how do you make peace with it?
- I deleted all social media. But I keep using browser to go on them now. I can’t delete browser I need it for studies too. Any advice?
- How can u keep concentrating while working ?
- Do you have a course or anything I could learn?
- I am easily distracted by books, and by that, I mean it doesn’t take much to induce me to dive into a new one. Problem is, I often find myself reading (no joke) about a dozen or so books at once. Any tips for how to prioritize what I learn? And when to let go of or update old learning goals?
- What are you learning about?
- What do you do when you have a bad day where you feel depressed and anxious, so you struggle with being productive and looking after yourself ?
- I have a hard time comprehending information as I read. Like if I read a chapter of a book, I won’t be able to tell you what happened. Any tips on this? Also, do you have any tips on note taking?