Try meditation every day – it works for me and it is really simple – sit down comfortably where no one will disturb you, no need to sit in a yoga pose, simply on a comfortable chair with your back straight, feet on the floor and hands on the knees (that's how I've been taught) and breathe in and out slowly and concentrate on the breathing (counting your inhales and exhales to ten helps to keep focus as a beginner – count to ten and then another ten and so on) As soon as you catch yourself thinking about something – let it go and concentrate on the breathing again and so on and so on. Meditation is about noticing when the mind wanders off and bringing it back to the place of peace and focus. With practice it helps to focus and concentrate in other areas of every day life 🙂 also put your phone in airplane mode – hugest distraction while needing to concentrate – the world will not stop spinning if you go offline for a little while 😀 P.S. I use meditation app called Headspace 🙂
- How can we completely concentrate while studying?
- What is the best tool you have learned for anxiety eating?
- Yes. How do you maintain the discipline of studying daily as a working woman/wife/mother with respective demands to those other roles after work?
- I struggle at focusing when reviewing terms and definitions. Do any of you have suggestions to help me study?
- How can I study while I feel tired?
I like to study with other people around me. I don’t really know people that are working on the same things as me but it’s nice to have people there to hold me accountable, and when I need a good break they’re there for that too! It also helps to have them there to bounce ideas off each other or try to teach what I’m learning to them, so really we’re both learning something!
for me, just start doing it and you'll get a momentum. also, employing a pomodoro timer helps. whenever you think of something else while in a pomodoro, just write it in a piece of paper labeled 'interruptions'
- How do you test your learning?
- How much time do you spend learning and studying?
- I want to learn something practical like making clothes, knitting, singing, painting … any book suggestion, youtube channel or whatever?
- Sometimes it is quite hard to maintain my focus on learning and studying. I find myself checking mail, reading social media commentary and avoiding the still to be worked on assignments. What can I do to prevent that?
- How can I stay focused and motivated for a long time?
- What are some tips for better concentration and actually learning the material?
- How do you stop yourself from getting distracted while studying?
- How do you find what gives you positive motivation?
- How do you focus for long periods of time?
- How should I keep focused when I don’t make progress on certain tasks? For this case I stuck with the score of 6 for my IELTS writing exam while my target score is 7. And it hasn’t changed even a little bit for so long.