I will generally wear headphones if I don’t want to be disturbed. Failing that I move to a location where I know I will be left alone.
- Do you ever feel like you spend so much time on routines that you don’t have time for deep work?
- How are you creating the most productive Deep Work habit in your life right now?
- How many times do you complete the 25 min deep work before you move to the 45 minutes or bigger?
- How to keep your focus when doing a long task?
- How should I spend my break time during work?
Set aside, on your schedule, a block of time where you can focus on your primary work. Treat it like an appointment with your doctor or any other professional that you wouldn't want to miss.
It’s not an easy thing to get used to at first, especially if you have some attention deficit condition. What swings me into deep work is focusing on the amount of tasks that I’ve set out to achieve in a day and putting my energy on that takes care on the distractions that may occur.
I use Do Not Disturb and Airplane Mode on my iPhone because my main distractions are social media. I’m working on redoing my notification settings as well to balance staying on top of things without getting distracted.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?