I use Do Not Disturb and Airplane Mode on my iPhone because my main distractions are social media. I’m working on redoing my notification settings as well to balance staying on top of things without getting distracted.
I will generally wear headphones if I don’t want to be disturbed. Failing that I move to a location where I know I will be left alone.
Set aside, on your schedule, a block of time where you can focus on your primary work. Treat it like an appointment with your doctor or any other professional that you wouldn't want to miss.
It’s not an easy thing to get used to at first, especially if you have some attention deficit condition. What swings me into deep work is focusing on the amount of tasks that I’ve set out to achieve in a day and putting my energy on that takes care on the distractions that may occur.
- Does the distraction list help?
- How long should your deep work be?
- How do you say no politely
- How much time do they spend deep in work?
- What online resources do you recommend studying?
- How do stay focused while working, with out opening other tabs or your mind wandering?
- How do you stay focused for 4 hours?
- What is your favorite way to study?
- How can I focus on these days when I have absolutely no motivation to do anything and I feel tired?
- What is the best way to study for a big exam?