I will generally wear headphones if I don’t want to be disturbed. Failing that I move to a location where I know I will be left alone.
Set aside, on your schedule, a block of time where you can focus on your primary work. Treat it like an appointment with your doctor or any other professional that you wouldn't want to miss.
It’s not an easy thing to get used to at first, especially if you have some attention deficit condition. What swings me into deep work is focusing on the amount of tasks that I’ve set out to achieve in a day and putting my energy on that takes care on the distractions that may occur.
I use Do Not Disturb and Airplane Mode on my iPhone because my main distractions are social media. I’m working on redoing my notification settings as well to balance staying on top of things without getting distracted.
- What do you do during your deep work session?
- How to you kick start of your work, especially when it’s boring
- What do you do for your deep work?
- How do you keep yourself focused with distractions
- What do you consider deep work on weekends or rest days?
- Any tips from users with ADHD?
- How are you disciplined about getting started? And how do you avoid distractions during the time? I’m in an open plan office so that’s is tricky.
- How to do deep work as you no time for that?
- Is it helpful to listen to classical music or other music while doing deep work?
- Is being sincere any way wrong. Is working hard wrong. Should we be careless. Should we do work perfectly or imperfectly? Should we take responsibility or not? Because people who take responsibility are sincere and hardworking but people who are careless, poor, irresponsible are environment friendly. Am I right or not?