I use Do Not Disturb and Airplane Mode on my iPhone because my main distractions are social media. I’m working on redoing my notification settings as well to balance staying on top of things without getting distracted.
I will generally wear headphones if I don’t want to be disturbed. Failing that I move to a location where I know I will be left alone.
Set aside, on your schedule, a block of time where you can focus on your primary work. Treat it like an appointment with your doctor or any other professional that you wouldn't want to miss.
It’s not an easy thing to get used to at first, especially if you have some attention deficit condition. What swings me into deep work is focusing on the amount of tasks that I’ve set out to achieve in a day and putting my energy on that takes care on the distractions that may occur.
- How to focus and not get distracted
- I sometimes feel guilt when I do not do something creative or productive. Is it ok to just lay in bed some days?
- What kind of stuff do you work on? Sometimes I dont know what to do!
- How do I stay motivated with all that is going on right now?
- How do you get ready to start work ?
- How to mansge time? I find hard to stick to the time to finish a task. Almost like it gives me stress
- What should you do if you are distracted frequently?
- For me, it is hard to find the perfect place for my deep work session. I’m easily distracted by sounds in my surrounding, but there’s isn’t really a place in my house where I can sit alone. Especially now during the Corona crisis… What should I try?
- How do you stay consistent with your routine and productivity level every single day?
- How do you get back on track if you start off distracted early in your work period. Some days I work really well, but I want some ideas on how to reset and self correct on days that aren’t going well.