I will generally wear headphones if I don’t want to be disturbed. Failing that I move to a location where I know I will be left alone.
- Could you add/suggest a confidence hypnosis for a night time meditation?
- When should a child start to floss?
- How do you know if you meditate correctly?
- What’s your favorite position to meditate in?
- What type of phrasing is the most effective one when it comes to ordering the self? I generally use sentences like “do the dishes” and then I get mad at myself and don’t do the dishes because I was mean to my future self the day before.
Set aside, on your schedule, a block of time where you can focus on your primary work. Treat it like an appointment with your doctor or any other professional that you wouldn't want to miss.
It’s not an easy thing to get used to at first, especially if you have some attention deficit condition. What swings me into deep work is focusing on the amount of tasks that I’ve set out to achieve in a day and putting my energy on that takes care on the distractions that may occur.
I use Do Not Disturb and Airplane Mode on my iPhone because my main distractions are social media. I’m working on redoing my notification settings as well to balance staying on top of things without getting distracted.
- How do you differentiate a deep and shallow work and schedule time appropriately?
- What tips and tricks do you have for getting back into work after interruptions? I work in a place where interruptions happen a lot and are difficult to avoid, even when I have my headphones on…
- Where should I carry out my deep work sessions?
- I would be particularly interested in getting more information how to develop and improve my skills in focusing on my work? What kind of behavior should I avoid to not to lose control over it?
- How many deep work sessions can I do in a day?
- When you work in a field in science, such doing a PhD, how to keep focused and prevent procrastinating?
- What do you prioritize in the morning? My habits are adding up and I think I need to choose some.
- How do you prevent distractions where you’re working?
- How do you get to your deep work session if you have meetings and other chores together with colleagues all day?
- What can I include in my deep work apart from study and physical activity???