I usually prioritize the hard tasks first, then I sort by importance. I also pay a lot of attention to my energy levels. I tend to have more energy first thing in the morning so I tackle my more intense tasks then. In the evening I tend to feel more creative, so that’s when I work on art. I would keep that in mind when writing a to do list
I would categorise to-do lists based on category (work, personal, project, misc,etc), and assign a priority, so the overwhelming to-do list becomes more bite-sized manageable lists and you get to see progress.
Think about what you NEED to do first. If something is due tomorrow, that's a top priority. Choose every item accordingly.
C Lestin O.
It’s ok to just purge your mind first. My thoughts get disorganized and sometimes I just have to write everything down. After that, I like to sort with ‘to do’, places I need ‘to go’, things I need to research, and purchases I need to make. Separating these makes it clear what is priority/time sensitive. It also can be helpful in mapping a route for errands if you have to leave the house for some of your list!
Based on deadline and amount of effort. I tend to do the hardest thing first then move to easier tasks to keep myself going
- Do you have any time management tips by any chance? I often find it takes me longer to complete tasks than it should
- How many things do you have in your to do list?
- When you reflect at the end of the day, do you have a penalty system if you did not complete what you said you would?
- If you don’t finish the list , do you leave it or put it on again the next day ?
- How to order to do list when you have so much things to do?
- How many items do you put on your daily to-do list?
- regarding writing and completing the to-do list, how do you keep yourself accountable?
- Do you have a notebook ONLY for your task list?
- Do you ever include “daily routine” items on your To-Do list? While you’re forming the habit? Always?
- I would like to know how you deal with Events etc. that require you to change your plans and so also your to do list or completely change your timetable?