As to motivation- I never established good oral hygiene growing up due to a number of factors; so I asked my dental hygienist what was the single most important thing for me to do if I could only pick one thing and was told "floss".
As I understand it, simply flossing removes more gunk than brushing alone, and is more effective at getting the stuff under the gum line.
- What do you tell yourself to stay motivated to floss everyday?
- What time of day is the best time to floss for best effect?
- How best does one floss around molars? They’re hard to reach, hard to see, yet often the most in need of extra attention.
- Is it necessary to floss everyday? How does one floss properly and how do I know it’s helping? I feel like I am not doing it properly and that it’s not helping so I kind of find it hard to make it stick
- Do you always carry dental floss with you?
- How do you remember to do it?
- I am an avid user of floss picks—is there something else you suggest I try? (Water pick, standard floss, etc)
- Should I floss 1 or 2 times a day? I’m good at night only right now lol
- I’ve always brushed my teeth twice a day but it still shocked me how big a difference it made for me in oral hygiene. Did you notice any big changes?
- Should I set a timer for my flossing?