As to motivation- I never established good oral hygiene growing up due to a number of factors; so I asked my dental hygienist what was the single most important thing for me to do if I could only pick one thing and was told "floss".
As I understand it, simply flossing removes more gunk than brushing alone, and is more effective at getting the stuff under the gum line.
- How do you floss if you have dental fillings and very small space between teeth?
- Which is better? Flossing before brushing or flossing after brushing?
- How often do you floss? If I have braces, does waterpik work or do I still need to floss?
- Should I start using Waterpik?
- I often forget to floss, and have been trying to keep my phone out of the bedroom. What are some thing you do that help you remember your evening routine?
- How do you remember to floss every day?
- How long should I spend for each tooth? And, how should I floss?
- My gums bleed when I floss. Why?
- Should I floss more than once a day?
- Does flossing really work?