I've been doing this for a year and it really works. Three priorities to attend to today keeps me focused on what's really important (as opposed to what somebody thinks is urgent but maybe isn't as important or even as urgent as they think), keeps the list from being overwhelming, and keeps me from that feeling that no matter how much you get done you can never finish the list. Because let's be honest, more tasks come in per day than a person can possibly do while finishing all the other things on the list in one day. And if you could, what would you do tomorrow?
- How do you migrate tasks from previous days?
- How many times do you manage to complete all the items on your to-do list?
- A lot of the tasks of my to do list always remain uncompleted. How should I make a to-do list to make sure I utilize the 100% of the day?
- What do you do if you work 12 hour shifts? It’s hard to have things to do that day! What things do you do?
- How do you keep from making one long list to choose from where things get lost? Mine is three pages long!
• Set the Big 5 Things you want to achieve for the coming week on Sunday before the work week starts (aligned to your bigger Goals – Month, Year, 5 Year).
• Set the Little 3 Things which will enable you to achieve the Big 5 by the end of the week each day.
• Plan your week ahead & how you allocate your time to achieving your “Big 5” …
• There will always be a hundred & more other To Do’s for the week. Business, Personal & other …
But Focus on these to achieve your Goals …
- How do you prioritise things on your to do list?
- What happens when you don’t have anything to do?
- Share your to do list templates/techniques
- How can I effectively stick to my to do list?
- What do you do when you don’t complete everything on your to do list? How do you not feel defeated?
- What to do items can you make into routines or habits instead?
- How do you balance making your to do list both feasible and inspiring? (If my to do list is only things I know I can get done in a day it is too simple and makes me not feel like I will achieve the things I want to
- I’m interested to know how many todo lists others have
- How far should I scale back my expectations when I fail? What if I fail every time for the rest of my life?
- How many items do you write in your To-do?