I've been doing this for a year and it really works. Three priorities to attend to today keeps me focused on what's really important (as opposed to what somebody thinks is urgent but maybe isn't as important or even as urgent as they think), keeps the list from being overwhelming, and keeps me from that feeling that no matter how much you get done you can never finish the list. Because let's be honest, more tasks come in per day than a person can possibly do while finishing all the other things on the list in one day. And if you could, what would you do tomorrow?
- How do you hold yourself accountable to your plan?
- What motivates you?
- How do you handle scheduled meetings, particularly when they’re less important than your tasks for the day?
- How many items do you generally find on your to-do list and how often do you find yourself putting them on the next day’s to-do list?
- Do you prefer digital or physical lists?
• Set the Big 5 Things you want to achieve for the coming week on Sunday before the work week starts (aligned to your bigger Goals – Month, Year, 5 Year).
• Set the Little 3 Things which will enable you to achieve the Big 5 by the end of the week each day.
• Plan your week ahead & how you allocate your time to achieving your “Big 5” …
• There will always be a hundred & more other To Do’s for the week. Business, Personal & other …
But Focus on these to achieve your Goals …
- Do you keep your work and your personal to-do lists separate?
- What are some small habits you are improving or working on? For example putting sandals on in the morning is one of mine. Another is drinking olive oil in the morning. What small ways have you come up with to improve your routines even just by 1%?
- How do you write it? Do you elaborate or just main points?
- How do you get strength and motivation to do even the hardest task?
- How do you keep yourself from adding in more and more new habits too quickly?
- How in depth do your To Do lists end up being?
- Does anyone use Bullet Journeling or another similar method? If so, do you find it helpful or better to keep things simple?
- Do you use the Bullet Journal method?
- Do you write your to dos for the day the morning of or the night before? Do you write each days to do at the beginning of the week?
- Do you feel fabulous?