My therapist says that the best thing to do in this situation is assess how much time you can dedicate to these tasks, then divide up that time based on how time-consuming/important each task is – then, don’t go over your time limit for each task. Its better to make headway on everything than hyper-focus on one and still feel stressed about the others
I put everything aside and just focus on that high priority task. Because if it’s that important like a late school project then I’m gonna put it in front of everything else.
If you are really overwhelmed with with multiple priorities and firefighting I think it's best just to pick any small tasks and do those first it will give you a sense of completion. you can then really attack a priority list. I think asking questions will help guide a list of priorities. Asking why and looking for the consequences might help.
- How could I effectively use my time without laziness
- I need this to be so simple. And struggle to now what to include and what to leave out. Too basic and they seem pointless. Too detailed and they seem to take up too much time I could be focusing on other things… any suggestions on how to prioritise and discriminate between tasks to include and task to accept as given.
- Do you write the small and mundane tasks like cook, go for a walk etc on your list?
- What do you include in your most basic routines- what is something that simply must be done no matter what?
- Do you write only a few tasks on your to do list, or do you write everything that you have to do and then pick the top three or so to get done today? I’m never sure which approach is most effective.
- Do you check and adjust your to do list throughout the day? How do you remember?
- Do you ever feel like you write to much stuff to do for one day?
- Do you write down your routines too or skip them since they are ‘routines’?
- Which order do you accomplish your tasks? Due date? Importance? Fun making it?
- what are some things you always put on your to do? do you find that having the same activity at the same space everyday makes you more likely or less likely to actually do it??