I hold them for at least 1 minute.
If you have never stretched before you coul starr with 30 seconds, and be very gentle.
Just make sure you stretch gently so you don't get hurt.
30 seconds might still be good, but a little more than that makes them more effective.
In Yin yoga, where you get into a pose and hold it for 5 minutes or more, it’s my memory that it's not So much a muscle that one is stretching, one is working there with connective tissues and that needs more time.
- What strech do you think is most effective?
- I stretch in the morning, but I am not sure how long I should be stretching for?
- Which body part would you consider essential to stretch?
- If anyone has any good stretch videos they can recommend I’d love to know!
- What kinds of stretches are good for hands and feet
- Sometimes I feel like I lie to myself when I tick the boxes. Have I done not enough?
- What are your favourite go to stretches? Which stretches do you use in your daily routine?
- How do you know where to start as a beginner that is inflexible. It seems like all of the guides really hurt when I try to follow them.
- I roll my neck to stretch it but it’s still pretty inflexible. Any other neck stretches?
- I want to know how to relax while stretching