I hold them for at least 1 minute.
If you have never stretched before you coul starr with 30 seconds, and be very gentle.
Just make sure you stretch gently so you don't get hurt.
30 seconds might still be good, but a little more than that makes them more effective.
In Yin yoga, where you get into a pose and hold it for 5 minutes or more, it’s my memory that it's not So much a muscle that one is stretching, one is working there with connective tissues and that needs more time.
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?
- Kindly suggest few stretching exercises to be followed