I would start by just touching your toes and then moving to the ground and do middle splits (don’t push yourself I can’t even go half way) and reach to both sides individually and then go to the middle. That should get you ready if there are any high demand poses 🙂
Unfortunately, I often don't stretch before yoga, as I accept yoga as a form of deep stretching in itself. I tend to enjoy yoga most as an end of day stretching exercise which relieves both body and mind (similar to a massage) or an early day routine in preparation fro a workout or an intensive day.
- I want to know how to relax while stretching
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?