I would start by just touching your toes and then moving to the ground and do middle splits (don’t push yourself I can’t even go half way) and reach to both sides individually and then go to the middle. That should get you ready if there are any high demand poses 🙂
Unfortunately, I often don't stretch before yoga, as I accept yoga as a form of deep stretching in itself. I tend to enjoy yoga most as an end of day stretching exercise which relieves both body and mind (similar to a massage) or an early day routine in preparation fro a workout or an intensive day.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?