Meditation is still rather new to an old broad, like me. I am 82 and when I went to school in my home town, boys and girls were separated into individual genders. G-d forbid, if a boy looked at a girl and she smiled back at him! No cell phones, no computers, no colored movies, but we did have soda pop and pop corn in our movie theatres.
I usually have an incense stick or candle burning
Whilist still in Downward Facing Dog pose
I start my deep breathing and relax my form
After the count of 10, I start to repeat
I am Loved
I am Healthy
I am Strong
After 5 repetitions I start to feel focused on all the positive things that make Me ME
However there are times when I try to turn my brain off, but I can’t. That’s a major problem when trying to go to sleep. I have always been like that. I have very little attention span.
The end goal of meditation is not to have a great eyes closed experience, but to improve our eyes closed experience.
So just accept what happens and know that having random and racing thoughts is just part of the process of releasing stress during meditation.
Eventually it just comes.
It's very important to not get frustrated or upset with your thoughts racing because that will only make it more difficult to focus on the meditation. Instead, try to be grateful for your thoughts and the challenge they bring to your practice. Returning your mind to your meditation repeatedly is the best practice for concentration and meditation. It's how you learn to become better at meditating. If your mind didn't wonder at all, would you learn anything from it meditating?
- Did it take you very long to be able to slow your mind down enough to make this a successful habit to have every day?
- Where do people meditate?
- Is it ok to lay down in bed and do meditation?
- Is meditation to music better than a guided meditation sometimes?
- What is the best time to Meditate? Besides mornings, where for me its to crazy, to busy?
- When you find your mind wandering, do you focus on your breathing to help?
- May I know if there is any way to have a meditation session with forest background music
- Can meditation help with physical pain?
- Advices for better meditation… Eyes closed or open? What to think? Good things or life problems?
- How many minutes do you meditate? Do you use an app to help you focus? If so, which one?