- How do you track nested to-dos (like subtasks for bigger tasks)?
- How do you get yourself motivated to exercise?
- What if I only have one big thing to do? Now I’m working on the first chapter of my thesis.
- What other tools do you use to manage your to do list
- How do you prioritize your to do list tasks? And manage your time accordingly?
What I do is in the evening before bed write down all things I would like to do the next day. Then in the morning I choose the top three and put them in priority order. I do my best to finish those three, but life is all about change. If something else becomes more important or excites me more, I may chose that over one of the three things I picked. I allso have the list from the night before and can pull things fromit in little bits of time between bigger things.
Today it was my intention to tidy the bedroom and unload, reload and run the dishwasher. However, tidying the bedroom took longer than expected and I really wanted it done. So I used all my energy for the day on that. I added in a few tasks afterwards from my list that were more sedentary (emails and such). But I have a lovely clean bedroom now and it makes me happy.
I don’t think of to do lists as rigid things any more… because I did that for years and all I got was upset that I couldn’t finish them. This works for me. There is always more I’d like to do than I can do. Good luck.
- What happens when you don’t have anything to do?
- Share your to do list templates/techniques
- How can I effectively stick to my to do list?
- What do you do when you don’t complete everything on your to do list? How do you not feel defeated?
- What to do items can you make into routines or habits instead?
- How do you balance making your to do list both feasible and inspiring? (If my to do list is only things I know I can get done in a day it is too simple and makes me not feel like I will achieve the things I want to
- I’m interested to know how many todo lists others have
- How far should I scale back my expectations when I fail? What if I fail every time for the rest of my life?
- How many items do you write in your To-do?
- How do you make time for yourself with 5 kids and a husband who works 12-14 hours a day?