- Where do you meditate? Is there a certain time of day you find that works best to meditate?
- How do you sit if you are not flexible and find sitting cross-legged difficult?
- How do you get the most out of a meditation when you just can’t keep your mind on that particular exercise?
- Are you defined by what you do?
- How do you deal with the chaos in your mind that keeps you from being more regular with meditating?
First, decide an object of focus. This can be your breath or a word, or a combination of both.
With your attention on the breath, feel each rise and fall as you inhale and exhale. After enough time (or no time at all) your mind will wander.
When the mind wanders, and you become aware that it has wandered, gently note it as “thinking”. If the attention is focused on a different physical sensation, such as an itch or a place of discomfort, note it as “feeling”.
Once you’ve noted that you are thinking or feeling, gently bring the attention back to the object of focus.
In my experience, this practice will make it easier to recognize when the mind has drifted, letting you return to focus faster each time, and it will begin to drift less frequently as well.
I hope this helps! Best wishes with your meditation practice!
- What are the advantages you see with meditation in a group?
- I wonder if there are others who have trouble visualizing, while meditating? Is yes, can you do it now? If yes, what did you do that allowed you to visualize? I am so frustrated! TIA.
- It’s so easy to stop meditating and not get back into it. How do I persist with my practice even when it seems like I don’t have time or patience for it?
- Does anyone use a candle when they meditate?
- Does anybody use a meditation pillow? And do you meditate first thing in the morning or later?
- How long before you feel that meditation is working?
- What is your practice like? Do you ever find yourself avoiding meditation?
- Why do you choose to meditate? Is it because of how it makes you feel?
- Is better if you meditate with more people?
- How long do you usually meditate and what’s in your mind when meditating? How efficiently keep concentrating?