I use visualisation and repetition. I visualise what I read and create a story. The story helps me remember as and I also read repeatedly until it sticks
I don’t just read it, I write it also. So in order to transfer what I’m reading to paper, I have to briefly remember what I read, which helps. I also try to visualize the information I’m consuming, imagining pictures of examples in my head. When I go back to review the info I’ve written, I highly key terms.
It depends on what you're learning. If it's practical, you practice. It it's theoretical like an fact or exam material, you use flashcards. (Preferably Anki)
I try to understand the whole process, like the reason behind it, the consequences and everything. And when I study, I always pretend that i’m giving a class and try to explain everything that I studied to see if I understood everything
I use a combination of the Feynman method and staggered repetition. So start by writing out what you want to understand about a subject, as though you were explaining it to someone else. You grab resources and write it all out as best you can. And you do this until you understand the whole thing and can explain it. Now work out how to explain it simply, break it down as simple as possible and take out the technical terms. Then repeat this process every 2-4 days to help build up the mental model in your head so that you understand it over time
- How do you deal with guilt and shame when you really want to get out of bed and get everything done but you physically are not able because you need the sleep in order to recover from the previous day? This usually happens to me when I have a day off and need to use it to meet upcoming deadlines and catchup on things.
- How about you? What are you learning?
- What is your study schedule?
- What do you do when u can’t seem to focus?
- How can you come over procrastinations?
- How do I stay focused when I’m studying?
- If you have kids,what time do you prefer to learn?
- How do you best schedule your studying/classwork and avoid burning out and getting distracted?
- How can i stop random moments of self doubt/ random moments of feeling insecure?
- Do you have a way to focus when you don’t want to study and/or learn?