Hi I’ve fallen asleep during my morning meditation myself 😴😴😴😴 if I stay in bed ! So my trick to get out of my warm cozy bed is to throw the covers on the floor ready to make the bed so there’s no staying in there. If I sit up while I’m doing it I don’t fall asleep. So my routine is get up throw those covers off the bed match to the bathroom wash my face with cold water brush teeth and by then I’m awake and go back to my space and sit to do the meditation
Hope that helps you 🤓
Hope that helps you 🤓
I dont I always feel sleepy during meditation so I sechdule to do it at the end of the day when It is ok to fall asleep for the evening
I try to meditate in the morning to prevent sleepiness, also avoid meditating after meals. Also meditate sitting up and slightly open the eyes to allow some light in.
I usually sit upright during meditation. I prefer back support and a comfy chair. Sometimes, if I'm not tired, I'll even lay on my back. If I had an issue with sleepiness during meditation I would sit with no back support. It's hard to sleep sitting up. If that still didn't work I would sit on something harder or less comfortable. Keep focus on your breath. Bringing awareness to yourself may give way to sleep. But also, sleep may be just what you need.
Firstly, there is nothing wrong in if you fall asleep or fill sleepy while meditation. While meditating with breaths or observing thoughts, we generally loose our sense of surroundings by putting up our attention in voidness. This certainly makes us feel sleepy and dozy. Something similar happens while we reading because then too we are completely out of our actual environment. But if we keep the consiousness working and be aware of the place we are situated, it helps us be awake. This is just my experience and no theory.
You bring it back to the breath as your anchor. If the body is releasing tension and its telling you to sleep then you may need it more at that point in time
I do not. That does not happen to me for a long time. In the past, it happened when I was too tired. Make sure you are having a good night sleep
Well, I'm not sure if my way is the best, it works for me though. I meditate after breakfast .You know I start my day with a glass of water then I make and eat breakfast. In the meanwhile I remind myself of the quotes I've read before which are inspiring. Subsequently I start my meditation sessoin feeling pretty awake.
- What do you think about when you meditate?
- I just have such a hard time not letting my thoughts get in the way, any suggestions?
- What do people “get “out of meditation?
- Is there a position in which you feel more easy to concentrate?
- What time is needed for meditation? Should it be different in the morning and in the evening? If you sometimes fall asleep during meditation, what should you do?
- In meditation. Is your mind supposed to be clear or can you meditate on something positive (or both)?
- How do you sit straight but relaxed?
- When meditating are there easier ways to focus instead of visualizing my breath? I have a hard time concentrating and keeping my mind from wandering when meditating. Does this get better with practice? And what are tips to get better?
- Sometime, while meditating I feel the urge to open my eyes. It’s better to open them or trying to focus harder?
- How do you know when you’re comfortable enough to start meditating without a guided meditation?