Hi I’ve fallen asleep during my morning meditation myself 😴😴😴😴 if I stay in bed ! So my trick to get out of my warm cozy bed is to throw the covers on the floor ready to make the bed so there’s no staying in there. If I sit up while I’m doing it I don’t fall asleep. So my routine is get up throw those covers off the bed match to the bathroom wash my face with cold water brush teeth and by then I’m awake and go back to my space and sit to do the meditation
Hope that helps you 🤓
Hope that helps you 🤓
- Should we meditate upon something or just be aware of our thoughts?
- What time of day do you prefer to meditate?
- How can we meditate properly?
- I wonder if there are others who have trouble visualizing, while meditating? Is yes, can you do it now? If yes, what did you do that allowed you to visualize? I am so frustrated! TIA.
- Does duration of meditation effect efficiency?
I dont I always feel sleepy during meditation so I sechdule to do it at the end of the day when It is ok to fall asleep for the evening
I try to meditate in the morning to prevent sleepiness, also avoid meditating after meals. Also meditate sitting up and slightly open the eyes to allow some light in.
I usually sit upright during meditation. I prefer back support and a comfy chair. Sometimes, if I'm not tired, I'll even lay on my back. If I had an issue with sleepiness during meditation I would sit with no back support. It's hard to sleep sitting up. If that still didn't work I would sit on something harder or less comfortable. Keep focus on your breath. Bringing awareness to yourself may give way to sleep. But also, sleep may be just what you need.
Firstly, there is nothing wrong in if you fall asleep or fill sleepy while meditation. While meditating with breaths or observing thoughts, we generally loose our sense of surroundings by putting up our attention in voidness. This certainly makes us feel sleepy and dozy. Something similar happens while we reading because then too we are completely out of our actual environment. But if we keep the consiousness working and be aware of the place we are situated, it helps us be awake. This is just my experience and no theory.
You bring it back to the breath as your anchor. If the body is releasing tension and its telling you to sleep then you may need it more at that point in time
I do not. That does not happen to me for a long time. In the past, it happened when I was too tired. Make sure you are having a good night sleep
Well, I'm not sure if my way is the best, it works for me though. I meditate after breakfast .You know I start my day with a glass of water then I make and eat breakfast. In the meanwhile I remind myself of the quotes I've read before which are inspiring. Subsequently I start my meditation sessoin feeling pretty awake.
- How much time does it take to make meditation a habit?
- How do you meditate when you’re not in the spiritual mood and nothing feels connective?
- What is meditation definition?
- What are different ways of improving focus while I am studying? Can meditation help me in this?
- What does meditation mean?
- Can l meditate lying down?
- What does meditation do?
- Should I meditate in silence or with peaceful music?
- What are some of your difficulties with meditation and how do you cope with them/maintain focus?
- How to not get into sleep