I take a bunch of foods that I really like, and put them into an online wheel. In the morning, I spin the wheel to see what’s for breakfast.
I like to have omelettes in the morning, each day I will add different things to it, for example Monday spinach and onion, Tuesday bacon etc
My usual breakfast includes fruit, cereal, juice and coffee. You can vary any element! I opt for seasonal fruit. Cereals can contain a little bit more of sugar and still be a healthy option. I also change the type of juice every 2-3 days. On the weekends, with more time to prepare, I choose ' heavier' breakfast, as eggs, pastries, bacon etc.
Lo C F.
Have selection of food in your fridge and pantry: eggs in the fridge for a quick fried egg on toast, sliced bread in the freezer (I love trying different kinds, like sourdough, ciabatta, an artisan seedy loaf), oats or a favourite cereal in the pantry, and a variety of fruit – maybe not always, but pick a different fruit every week for variety! Fruit is a great grab-and-go, or delicious on cereal, porridge, or a yummy fruit salad. Challenge yourself to a different breakfast each day!
Personally I eat a strawberry, banana and raspberry smoothie kind of thing with more plain granola on top than the actual smoothie then I throw some fruit on it. I dont usually mix it up as otherwise I feel ill but to change it I sometimes make a different flavour of smoothie e.g mango banana and orange etc.
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.