Agreed, it is difficult. I simply schedule it as an appointment and then do focus strictly on my work to do list during that time
Tarc Sio P.
I think making time for deep work comes from managing priorities and thinking about what will have the most impact on you and people around you. What is the most important that you can really focus, if it’s important enough, it’s easy to make time for it.
This question is the exact one that I need to ask to you unfortunately.
My problem is to schedule my time effectively. Often, I fell into the fate of procrastination when I decidw to focus on a task.
This is one area that I have had some success. I get up, take care of my morning tasks and then set my timer for 25 minutes. I save the work that most excites me & is essential for my own goals. I feel accomplished. At work, I let my co-workers & boss know I am taking a “deep dive” into a project, close my door, & put “do not disturb” on my calendar. They know I’ll be available in an hour.
One of the things Fabulous is doing for me is helping me prioritize which is not one of my gifts. I can’t imagine how hard it would be were I still working and living a life like most folks with a full life live. I’m medically retired so that makes this part easier for me. It has rapidly become a daily part of my accountability and organization to have a better life. I told my MD about it as his wife struggles and he and I personally share some of the same apps, Headspace and Calm. I also use 10% Happier. It seems together with Fabulous they all synergize. Good luck!
You can always make time. Look at your schedule and see where you can get some things done. Even if it’s little by little.
- How long should your deep work be?
- How do you say no politely
- How much time do they spend deep in work?
- What online resources do you recommend studying?
- How do stay focused while working, with out opening other tabs or your mind wandering?
- How do you stay focused for 4 hours?
- What is your favorite way to study?
- How can I focus on these days when I have absolutely no motivation to do anything and I feel tired?
- What is the best way to study for a big exam?
- Typing or writing? Which one do you like best?