This question is the exact one that I need to ask to you unfortunately.
My problem is to schedule my time effectively. Often, I fell into the fate of procrastination when I decidw to focus on a task.
- Why does eating breakfast come before exercise?
- What are good ways to include protein in my breakfast?
- How do you run when there’s it’s 2° F (-16° C) outside and there’s ice on the ground?
- What is the best way to clear your mind every morning and start a productive day?
- How do you manage to eat healthy breakfast every morning at your place? I switched to eating healthy breakfast but I still occasionally do it at work. Is that ok, or should I strive for perfection and eat my first meal at home.
This is one area that I have had some success. I get up, take care of my morning tasks and then set my timer for 25 minutes. I save the work that most excites me & is essential for my own goals. I feel accomplished. At work, I let my co-workers & boss know I am taking a “deep dive” into a project, close my door, & put “do not disturb” on my calendar. They know I’ll be available in an hour.
One of the things Fabulous is doing for me is helping me prioritize which is not one of my gifts. I can’t imagine how hard it would be were I still working and living a life like most folks with a full life live. I’m medically retired so that makes this part easier for me. It has rapidly become a daily part of my accountability and organization to have a better life. I told my MD about it as his wife struggles and he and I personally share some of the same apps, Headspace and Calm. I also use 10% Happier. It seems together with Fabulous they all synergize. Good luck!
You can always make time. Look at your schedule and see where you can get some things done. Even if it’s little by little.
Agreed, it is difficult. I simply schedule it as an appointment and then do focus strictly on my work to do list during that time
I think making time for deep work comes from managing priorities and thinking about what will have the most impact on you and people around you. What is the most important that you can really focus, if it’s important enough, it’s easy to make time for it.
- How do I keep feeling motivated for achievements?
- What do you listen to during deep work?
- How long do you do Deep Work? I’ve kept mine at 25 minutes but is there more benefit to focusing for longer periods at a time?
- Has anybody actually switched to a typewriter or writing by hand just to avoid the distractions of the Internet?
- How do you deal with procrastination?
- For musicians and artists: How do you balance work on your artistic practice with all the business stuff that goes with it?
- I struggle to get deep work done as I keep getting interrupted. This is the nature of my job so I can’t change the interruptions, any suggestions on how to do deep work with interruptions? Thanks.
- How do you deal with tiredness at work? Of course the obvious answer is to get more sleep but at that moment in time, you’re already at work, so what do you do?
- What sort of work do you do for deep work?
- How do you accomplish deep work when you don’t have control over your schedule?