Agreed, it is difficult. I simply schedule it as an appointment and then do focus strictly on my work to do list during that time
Tarc Sio P.
I think making time for deep work comes from managing priorities and thinking about what will have the most impact on you and people around you. What is the most important that you can really focus, if it’s important enough, it’s easy to make time for it.
This question is the exact one that I need to ask to you unfortunately.
My problem is to schedule my time effectively. Often, I fell into the fate of procrastination when I decidw to focus on a task.
This is one area that I have had some success. I get up, take care of my morning tasks and then set my timer for 25 minutes. I save the work that most excites me & is essential for my own goals. I feel accomplished. At work, I let my co-workers & boss know I am taking a “deep dive” into a project, close my door, & put “do not disturb” on my calendar. They know I’ll be available in an hour.
One of the things Fabulous is doing for me is helping me prioritize which is not one of my gifts. I can’t imagine how hard it would be were I still working and living a life like most folks with a full life live. I’m medically retired so that makes this part easier for me. It has rapidly become a daily part of my accountability and organization to have a better life. I told my MD about it as his wife struggles and he and I personally share some of the same apps, Headspace and Calm. I also use 10% Happier. It seems together with Fabulous they all synergize. Good luck!
You can always make time. Look at your schedule and see where you can get some things done. Even if it’s little by little.
- How to focus and not get distracted
- I sometimes feel guilt when I do not do something creative or productive. Is it ok to just lay in bed some days?
- What kind of stuff do you work on? Sometimes I dont know what to do!
- How do I stay motivated with all that is going on right now?
- How do you get ready to start work ?
- How to mansge time? I find hard to stick to the time to finish a task. Almost like it gives me stress
- What should you do if you are distracted frequently?
- For me, it is hard to find the perfect place for my deep work session. I’m easily distracted by sounds in my surrounding, but there’s isn’t really a place in my house where I can sit alone. Especially now during the Corona crisis… What should I try?
- How do you stay consistent with your routine and productivity level every single day?
- How do you get back on track if you start off distracted early in your work period. Some days I work really well, but I want some ideas on how to reset and self correct on days that aren’t going well.