This question is the exact one that I need to ask to you unfortunately.
My problem is to schedule my time effectively. Often, I fell into the fate of procrastination when I decidw to focus on a task.
- How do you stop procrastinating during your Deep Work habit?
- What is your usual deep working timeframe?
- How do you manage Deep Work when you are caught up in fire-fighting?
- Anyone have any suggestions for how to sit and think for half an hour without doing anything else at the same time? Or do you think it’s okay to combine this with a non-thinking task like cleaning?
- How do you control yourself enough to get deep work done?
This is one area that I have had some success. I get up, take care of my morning tasks and then set my timer for 25 minutes. I save the work that most excites me & is essential for my own goals. I feel accomplished. At work, I let my co-workers & boss know I am taking a “deep dive” into a project, close my door, & put “do not disturb” on my calendar. They know I’ll be available in an hour.
One of the things Fabulous is doing for me is helping me prioritize which is not one of my gifts. I can’t imagine how hard it would be were I still working and living a life like most folks with a full life live. I’m medically retired so that makes this part easier for me. It has rapidly become a daily part of my accountability and organization to have a better life. I told my MD about it as his wife struggles and he and I personally share some of the same apps, Headspace and Calm. I also use 10% Happier. It seems together with Fabulous they all synergize. Good luck!
You can always make time. Look at your schedule and see where you can get some things done. Even if it’s little by little.
Agreed, it is difficult. I simply schedule it as an appointment and then do focus strictly on my work to do list during that time
I think making time for deep work comes from managing priorities and thinking about what will have the most impact on you and people around you. What is the most important that you can really focus, if it’s important enough, it’s easy to make time for it.
- How can you motivate yourself to stay in your deep work session every day, even if you have a lot other things to do besides and feel like you don’t have time for it?
- Have you ever been in situation that you must choose to go to high school which you don’t like and you can’t understand about 6 subjects in that school , you think that, that school is not for you, you think that is hard for you and you want to go to other school but your parents are not letting you to go?
- As a 12 year old gotta long should I deep work for in one sitting
- Can i know how to focus myself when carrying out the Deep Focus habit, if my daily schedule is packed and my surroundings are disturbing
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?