Once I clean my room drastically I like to keep it that way for a long period of time. If it stays clean then il be more prompted to clean because the mess will be small.
I try to take care of small messes or cleaning tasks as soon as I notice them. If I’m unable to for some reason, I tag my partner to take care of it or make a mental note to take care of it as soon as I’m done with what I’m currently doing.
Cleaning as I go. Rather than putting something on the floor as I get in the house, I put it where it lives, dirty plates go straight in the dishwasher. Sometimes you don't have the time and something won't go in it's place, but if you keep on top of it, it means that when you find time it only takes a minute or two. I also have it planned in my evening routine, and when I get home I'll do a quick 5 minute job putting things away (keeping on top of that makes things far easier) and clean all the counters in the kitchen (a wipe down only takes a couple minutes) as well as do the bathroom (again, doesn't take long). I usually vacuum on the weekends, or if I get home early enough one night just so it's done, and most other things I do as and when they need doing, when I have the time.
- What’s something you “tidy up” that ppl wouldn’t think of organizing?
- Do you think that having the same daily cleaning routine works better than spreading it all through the week?
- Do you have any interesting cleaning habits? For example, mine is looking through my wardrobe and picking clothes to give away or looking through my fridge for expiring dates. What is yours?
- Do you think Music helps or distracts when trying to clean/organize/de clutter?
- Any good tips for organising all things?
- What do you do during your clean up ?
- How do i clean and organize drawers?
- Any suggestions for keeping a house tidy when you have two small people following you around creating chaos and messes? My mess-makers are 7 and 4. By the time I’m done cleaning up the daily mess, I have no energy left to tackle the underlying mess! And it’s disheartening to get one area nice and neat…only to turn around and find a new mess. Ideas?
- How can I declutter paper piles?, I never know what to keep and what should I throw.
- How do you keep organized?