I think it's normal if your mind drifts away when meditating. I happen to think about my past mistakes or contemplate what's gonna happen today or tomorrow while meditating. I believe that our effort to release these thoughts away and stick to meditating is the core discipline of meditation. This train our minds to declutter and remain calm while giving our minds the rest and peace it deserve.
Please suggest your point of view on this.
- How do you position yourself during meditation?
- Have you considered going to a short meditation retreat?
- Yes. How exactly does one calm one’s mind in order to meditate? Like how can I quiet my mind completely in order to experience peace?
- Does meditation need to be done the same time every day?
- How do you meditate to get focused?
- How do you keep yourself focused on meditation?
- At times I have difficulty staying awake when I meditate in the morning. Does it happen to you too? How do you stay awake?
- What good meditation resources/apps do you use once you’ve progressed from the in-app ones?
- What changes do you see in yourself when you meditate daily?
- My mind drifts off too much during meditation, what should I do about it?