It’s important to just keep doing your meditation daily and you will feel the change in your life.
Note the getting caught up in thinking and know this: 1: everything changes all the time. 2: be curious 3: try not to identify with the thinking or feeling 4: try and note the underlying emotion beneath the thinking or feeling.
5: be kind
To get into it though, try any means necessary: do it with a friend, step away from the computer or even outside, …
I do it first thing in the morning, which also helps doing it more regularly 🙂
Its ok if you only concious of your breath just once during a session. That one moment makes your awareness just a little bit stronger, and its also one momentnof relief from the chaos. A tiny bit of awareness once a day will add up over a month, and you'll eventually have more moments of awareness. And eventually after a few months you will find these sessions really relieving.
- Does maintaining an upright seated position while meditating get easier with practice?
- How do you meditate outside house, say at work, without attracting too much attention of people around?
- Do you ever meditate while lying on your back? Is this a valid way to meditate?
- I usually meditate by lying over the ground and closing my eyes… can I do it while doing other postures like Yoga and how to do it
- What’s you’re advice for someone with severe pain syndrome or fibromyalgia? When having bad days, it’s so hard to stick to the routines, the chain breaks so soon and it have physical and emotional pain everytime.
- Do you only use meditate as a point of focus or for anything else? Visualization, reflection, prayer?
- which part of the day do you feel is the best time for you to meditate? thanks!
- What is an ideal duration for meditating? What time of the day/night? Does it matters?
- Sitting on thr floor upright is painful for my back. Are there any suggestions on how to improve my meditation posture?
- Do any of y’all use headspace as a meditation app? How’s it going?