Well, i make sure i get my healthy meal first so it gives me tge sense that that is the priority and when you do that, even when you tell to yourself that you want to get a unhealthier meal afterwards, you are fuller that before so you can have a little of the unhealthier one. My recommendation would be eat the healthy breakfast first and leave the unhealthier choices for later. Most of the time i dont even remeber eating the unhealthier one cause im full and i just get on with my day.
I try to avoid sugar and highly processed food. Instead to treat my sweet tooth I add dark chocolate to my healthy breakfast
I give myself ‘treat days’ over the weekend when I don’t have work in the mornings! I’m a teacher, and I find if I don’t have that healthy kick in the morning (Mon-Fri), there’s no way I’ll cope with that classroom. Alternatively, why not try finding a healthy version of the treat? For French toast, maybe use sourdough/wholegrain and swap sugar for another sweetener – try syrup, or even juice!
I think that you should balance your breakfast by making the main course of the breakfast, (french toast) the healthiest part of It, for example if I'm eating an omelet, as my main course and omelets are healthy, to balance it out maybe I could eat something a little more sugary, like a bowl of cereal or french toast,On the side ? See what I mean ? You can do a healthy main course and a smaller, Less healthy side ! Hope this helps
I'd recommend you to talk to your Mom first and explain her, that you'd like to eat differently. Explain her your decision, your reasons and ask her to help you by your journey. Discuss with her what exactly you'd like to eat for breakfast, maybe make a list a go grocery shopping together. I'm sure she would be more that happy to support you. Maybe even join you
Try to make the treat as healthy as possible, swap the bread for one with whole grains and try to reduce the sugar if you have any. Also try to add something healthy like a piece of fruit and eat fresh veggies throughout the day to even our the fibre and vitamin content of your day
- What are your ideas for healthy make-ahead breakfasts?
- How important is variety when it comes to eating breakfast?
- Does anyone have any suggestions for an on the go breakfast to just take with me along with my normal piece of fruit? The main reason I may not eat breakfast in the morning is due to time, but I find most ‘breakfast bar’ type on the go breakfasts boring and unsatisfying so I still find myself snacking an hour or two later.
- How long does it usually take to make your protein-rich breakfast on average? What shortcuts do you have, if any?
- What is something to eat for breakfast when you have to run out the door?
- I would like to ask for some help amongst the Fabulous members. Because I’m not easily motivated and don’t have much time on my hands, what can I do to ensure that I have a good breakfast without being time consuming in the morning?
- What about oil in breakfast? Is it good or bad? For example paratha and fried egg?
- What are some uncommon but amazing proteins to add to my mornings?
- What are vegan options for a high protein breakfast?
- What are good ideas for breakfast on the go??