I’m currently doing contract work for a company on the east coast. I’ll get up early (6-7 am) and do a few hours of work (1-4 depending on what they need from me) then workout – I have a standing booking at my favorite yoga studio for 10am – and then I come back, shower/eat lunch, do another few hours of work – then do 2-3 hours of studying. I am prepping to apply for a science PhD program, so in order to qualify (I have a BA) I’m taking all the pre-reqs on Coursera. That platform breaks the learning up into very achievable lesson chunks. If you don’t need the credit – you can audit the classes for free! Success comes from sticking to my schedule, having reminders/timers, and having an accountability partner in my sister – we do 1-3 hours of work together daily to hold each other to our stated goals.
- How do I make sure I follow through on my morning gym sessions?
- What makes you more faithful to this program and changing your habits?
- What are the smart tips for self studying?
- How do I focus on one thing when there are so many distractions around and I have a lot to do and no time to do it (I am still in school so think little siblings and AP calculus)
- How can you learn faster?
This can be quite difficult. Normally I will study in the afternoon, and take a short break to go for a run or do some yoga. However, if you have projects or tests in the near future, I would skip the workout for extra time to study.
I'm trying to wake up earlier to fit the workout in. It really helps get the body going. I haven't done it yet. For now it's the first thing I do when I get it, again it helps get things going 🙂
- How do you know if you’re stressed?
- How to stay more focused, and not get distracted by little things?
- What do you do if you feel depressed on exams week?
- How can I stop a bad habit?
- How do you find time to read?
- How do you test your learning?
- How much time do you spend learning and studying?
- I want to learn something practical like making clothes, knitting, singing, painting … any book suggestion, youtube channel or whatever?
- Sometimes it is quite hard to maintain my focus on learning and studying. I find myself checking mail, reading social media commentary and avoiding the still to be worked on assignments. What can I do to prevent that?
- How can I stay focused and motivated for a long time?