I give myself a treat whenever I feel like I’ve accomplished on keeping a routine for a week. Like watch 2 episodes of my favourite show if I managed to study Math for a whole week an hour for a day.
- How do you find what gives you positive motivation?
- I would like to learn more about the history of the United States and the world. However, my time is limited. Any suggestions on where to begin, clear and factual short readings, videos, apps, tidbits?
- How do you study for long periods of time?
- How do you deal with guilt and shame when you really want to get out of bed and get everything done but you physically are not able because you need the sleep in order to recover from the previous day? This usually happens to me when I have a day off and need to use it to meet upcoming deadlines and catch up on things.
- What are you learning and studying?
Do be honest I don’t know, the only time I follow my rituals is during my exams that I have right now because I had to wake up early and stuff like that. I guess my brain knew that time was up and that there’s no time to sleep in or say “I’ll do it tomorrow”
By setting tiny goals and achieving them. I am adding more routines and keeping them make me energize. I also tried sharing some of my routines with my friends in that I feel more committed to them because I want to show that I am a reliable person and I keep my words.
I think of all the things I have to do and go in order. This works if you eventually start including more things consistently, making a more permanent change.
Working out what is important to me. Structuring how I will do it into my day. Accounting for whether I do it. Celebrating whrn I acheive small steps
Self disciplne is hard at first. But remember even the smallest action you take has an impact on you. Trust the process.
- How do you know if you’re stressed?
- How to stay more focused, and not get distracted by little things?
- What do you do if you feel depressed on exams week?
- How can I stop a bad habit?
- How do you find time to read?
- How do you test your learning?
- How much time do you spend learning and studying?
- I want to learn something practical like making clothes, knitting, singing, painting … any book suggestion, youtube channel or whatever?
- Sometimes it is quite hard to maintain my focus on learning and studying. I find myself checking mail, reading social media commentary and avoiding the still to be worked on assignments. What can I do to prevent that?
- How can I stay focused and motivated for a long time?