- How have you succeeded finding quiet space in a busy day or busy place?
- How do you pick goals?
- How do you stay consistent with your practice?
- Do you use sounds and smells (such as incense and candles ) during meditation? What are your favorites?
- Why do you choose to meditate? Is it because of how it makes you feel?
Always remember, that you will never be disappointed in yourself for not going back to bed.
1) drink an entire glass of water first thing
2) open the window and look out at the world as if it will be the last time…be grateful and really observe how beautiful even mundane things can be
3)make the bed…that way I won't go back to sleep and undo the work I put in.
Each habit is only 5 minutes but combined they ease me awake without requiring more brain power than I can muster first thing in the AM.
Hope this helps 😊
How else are you going to get those goals – you gotta get up and show up!!
You can also set your alarm and put your phone in another room. This way, to turn it off, you need to get up and walk over.
- What does meditation do?
- Should I meditate in silence or with peaceful music?
- What are some of your difficulties with meditation and how do you cope with them/maintain focus?
- How to not get into sleep
- Can you meditate while driving?
- Do you think you need to meditate every day? Or do you alternate that with journaling?
- It’s difficult to me to have self-discipline. The worst of all is that I compare myself to others and I get disappointed. How can meditation help me get over it?
- What should I think about during meditation to improve calmness and increase the duration of the meditation?
- What is mindfulness meditation?
- How do you sit while you meditate?