2-A healthy eating plan also will lower your risk for heart disease and other health conditions. A healthy eating plan: Emphasizes vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat dairy products. Includes lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts. Limits saturated and trans fats, sodium, and added sugars
1. Eat every 3 hours. Wait longer and body starts panicking and maybe store fat.
2. Drink a lot of water, mainly in the morning.
3. Eat proteins – 1 gram for 1 kilo of your weight. 1/3 for breakfast, 1/3 for lunch, 1/3 for dinner. This is supper important.
4. One fruit between meals.
5. 3/4 of kilo of vegetables in a day – any in any form, with each meal.
6. Stop eating sugar! If you keep this plan, you won't even want any.
So I look at the list of “legal” foods and I pick things I like (make me do the the happy food dance) on those lists for example I purchased these frozen kale and quinoa dinners as well as Mediterranean quinoa dinners that are frozen at Aldi‘s and I eat one of those every night and doctor it up with some combination of tomatoes, feta cheese, mini cucumbers, kalamata olives, feta cheese different spices (cinnamon/cumin/turmeric/salt/pepper/etc.
Pick foods do you like. I pick three fruits a week bananas, apples, grape tomatoes, avocados, cucumbers…raisins, almonds, pepitas, pistachio nuts. I cut these up in various combinations and eat them and I allow myself as many as I want there’s never any limitation on what I can eat and I always wake up feeling good.
Overall my suggestion to you is just to simply find 3 to 5 things that you would eat for breakfast 3 to 5 things for lunch 3 to 5 things for dinner that you enjoy and like and are on the “legal” list of food. Then you can switch things up and you can match things with this and that and just make food enjoyable and fun.
Personally, I eat almost exactly the same things as before but in smaller amounts.
Good luck 🙂
- Do you have any good make-in-advance breakfast recipes?
- How often do you think drinking coffee is healthy? Every morning? Less often?
- Does eating breakfast have long term effects on habits?
- What kind of granola bar type thing is the best for breakfast?
- I’d be interested in what you guys like for breakfast. What do you guys normally do to fit it within your schedule?
- What is your favorite “grab and go” breakfast?
- How do you handle having no appetite when it’s time to eat breakfast?
- Is it healthier to eat a big breakfast or a smaller one?
- Is coffee okay with a great breakfast?
- Are there any breakfast ideas with a short prep time and ingredients that are easy to buy?