2-A healthy eating plan also will lower your risk for heart disease and other health conditions. A healthy eating plan: Emphasizes vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat dairy products. Includes lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts. Limits saturated and trans fats, sodium, and added sugars
1. Eat every 3 hours. Wait longer and body starts panicking and maybe store fat.
2. Drink a lot of water, mainly in the morning.
3. Eat proteins – 1 gram for 1 kilo of your weight. 1/3 for breakfast, 1/3 for lunch, 1/3 for dinner. This is supper important.
4. One fruit between meals.
5. 3/4 of kilo of vegetables in a day – any in any form, with each meal.
6. Stop eating sugar! If you keep this plan, you won't even want any.
So I look at the list of “legal” foods and I pick things I like (make me do the the happy food dance) on those lists for example I purchased these frozen kale and quinoa dinners as well as Mediterranean quinoa dinners that are frozen at Aldi‘s and I eat one of those every night and doctor it up with some combination of tomatoes, feta cheese, mini cucumbers, kalamata olives, feta cheese different spices (cinnamon/cumin/turmeric/salt/pepper/etc.
Pick foods do you like. I pick three fruits a week bananas, apples, grape tomatoes, avocados, cucumbers…raisins, almonds, pepitas, pistachio nuts. I cut these up in various combinations and eat them and I allow myself as many as I want there’s never any limitation on what I can eat and I always wake up feeling good.
Overall my suggestion to you is just to simply find 3 to 5 things that you would eat for breakfast 3 to 5 things for lunch 3 to 5 things for dinner that you enjoy and like and are on the “legal” list of food. Then you can switch things up and you can match things with this and that and just make food enjoyable and fun.
Personally, I eat almost exactly the same things as before but in smaller amounts.
Good luck 🙂
- How big is your breakfast compared to your lunch?
- Could you offer simple ideas on what to cook in the morning that would be healthy?
- What’s your favorite on the go breakfast?
- How to meal prep breakfast??
- Any suggestions for a good vegetarian breakfast/ brunch for the weekend?
- Is there a website that you know which has great recipes for healthy food?
- My job is sedentary… What kind of breakfast should I be having?
- Is it healthy to eat the same breakfast every day?
- What is your favorite healthy breakfast that gives you sustained energy and keeps you feeling full until lunch?
- How do I get more veggies for breakfast?