Also turn off electronics (or at least stop using them) an hour before you go to bed. Have a shower. Read a book. Make your bedroom cool, dark and calm. I play sleep music but that's not for everyone.
Our body temperature drops while we are asleep so studies have suggested we can 'trick' ourselves into sleeping by having a cool shower before bed or sleeping in a cool room.
Finally, invest in a good night sleep. While this isn't possible for everyone, a decent mattress, soft sheets, and personalised pillows help with a good night sleep. Go to a bedding store and test out the different pillows that are available. Price doesn't necessarily reflect quality but cheaply made pillows will lose their shape faster.
- How much sleep is too much ?
- How do I stop hitting the snooze button?
- What do you do to wake up energized?
- How I can stop using my phone in bed?
- It’s really necessary to shower before bed?
- How do you go to bed without being distracted by noise?
- Is it important to stay away from our mobile phone during sleep?
- What can I do to enhance my quality of sleep?
- How do I motivate myself to get to bed on time?
- what is a “sleep ritual” that you can’t sleep without?