Just because my scheduled work time is 25 minutes doesn’t mean I can’t work more. To me that’s a minimum. I think I extended mine to 90 minutes anyway.
I start projects early. Depending on priorities and deadlines I go over my time if I need to. I didn’t make a schedule that plans out every minute of my day. I used to do that. Very self defeating. I go for the three goals and if something comes up and I don’t get to all three? I didn’t fail. Life isn’t predictable. Resting and being flexible are important to me.
I am learning not to overcommit. I am learning not to value other people's needs before mine.
I am learning to talk to other people about whether my expectations are reasonable. Try different things. See what works. Everything isn’t finished in 25 minutes.
- How do you cope with working in an open concept work environment with lots of distractions and interruptions? I find myself setting one most important task and being interrupted for the entire day and the task doesn’t get done.
- How do you handel deep work on free days/holidays?
- I’ve chosen to work on something during the Deep Work session that’s intimidating for me (involves learning a new skill/trial and error, time/cost commitment) and I find myself putting it off due to anxiety. Any advice?
- How long do you Deep Work for?
- How do you make sure the distractions you noted down this time won’t happen again?
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?