Just because my scheduled work time is 25 minutes doesn’t mean I can’t work more. To me that’s a minimum. I think I extended mine to 90 minutes anyway.
I start projects early. Depending on priorities and deadlines I go over my time if I need to. I didn’t make a schedule that plans out every minute of my day. I used to do that. Very self defeating. I go for the three goals and if something comes up and I don’t get to all three? I didn’t fail. Life isn’t predictable. Resting and being flexible are important to me.
I am learning not to overcommit. I am learning not to value other people's needs before mine.
I am learning to talk to other people about whether my expectations are reasonable. Try different things. See what works. Everything isn’t finished in 25 minutes.
- What kinds of tasks do you consider deep work? And how long do you dedicate to them?
- Do you play music while doing deep work?
- How do you re-focus on your deep work when you realize you have become distracted?
- What are the bigger distractions for you: interior ones like your thoughts or feelings, or exterior, like noises, other people, etc? Which are more challenging for you?
- How can you be less stressed while doing homework?
- Do you set a time limit for deep work or do you just go with the flow?
- How do you work from home?
- How can I have a better focus for deep work?
- How do I stay more consistent with my deep work or any other habit?
- What makes you work for the whole day? (Over eight hours constantly in the deep mindset)