Just because my scheduled work time is 25 minutes doesn’t mean I can’t work more. To me that’s a minimum. I think I extended mine to 90 minutes anyway.
I start projects early. Depending on priorities and deadlines I go over my time if I need to. I didn’t make a schedule that plans out every minute of my day. I used to do that. Very self defeating. I go for the three goals and if something comes up and I don’t get to all three? I didn’t fail. Life isn’t predictable. Resting and being flexible are important to me.
I am learning not to overcommit. I am learning not to value other people's needs before mine.
I am learning to talk to other people about whether my expectations are reasonable. Try different things. See what works. Everything isn’t finished in 25 minutes.
- What time do you usually do the Deep Work habit?
- How do you stay focused when your coworkers are talking and making jokes and having fun?
- First thing in the morning isn’t just when I want to get work done – everyone around me does too. How do you keep yourself from just answering other people’s questions and helping them every day? I love to help, but I feel like I am exhausted before I can start working!
- Does anyone ever feel like… The work I get paid for is more important than the work I do for myself?
- How do you follow your routines without getting distracted?
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?