Just because my scheduled work time is 25 minutes doesn’t mean I can’t work more. To me that’s a minimum. I think I extended mine to 90 minutes anyway.
I start projects early. Depending on priorities and deadlines I go over my time if I need to. I didn’t make a schedule that plans out every minute of my day. I used to do that. Very self defeating. I go for the three goals and if something comes up and I don’t get to all three? I didn’t fail. Life isn’t predictable. Resting and being flexible are important to me.
I am learning not to overcommit. I am learning not to value other people's needs before mine.
I am learning to talk to other people about whether my expectations are reasonable. Try different things. See what works. Everything isn’t finished in 25 minutes.
- How do you do your best work?
- How long should I do deep work?
- How do you commit to something you really don’t want to do? Example: An essay 😂
- How many times a day should I have Deep Work.
- What do you consider deep work.
- Should you take a short break every 20-30mins of deep work?
- How to build focus for such a short time even. I get distracted after every 7 minutes?
- How do you decide what is work you should be thinking of when thinking of deep work?
- What do you do when it’s time to work but yr really not in the mood.
- How do you keep your focus on a task that’s necessary but boring?