1. Take a shower at least 30 min before you get in bed. (is best if you start hot-ish then turn the water colder as you go untill you are in a temperature that is really chilly but ok)
2. Turn off ALL lights that you can see in your room. (I wasn't sure about this at first, I slept with a light on but it saved my sleep)
3. Make sure you're cool. (temperature wise haha) If your room us sweltering or there is no possible solution, use ice packs, they work wonders!
4. Create a ritual. If you go to bed at the same time, drink the same thing (water, tea), listen to the same sounds (I like water sounds, there are plenty on apple music and Spotify, you can even find some on fabulous), Meditate, do yoga, a quick work out, take a shower, stretch… (I could go on and on) each night, you will feel more relaxed. Pick a few of my ideas or create your own and make a ritual.
5. Sleep! If you don't close your eyes and relax your body, you will never fall asleep!
Hope this helped, you are awesome!
- How much sleep is too much ?
- How do I stop hitting the snooze button?
- What do you do to wake up energized?
- How I can stop using my phone in bed?
- It’s really necessary to shower before bed?
- How do you go to bed without being distracted by noise?
- Is it important to stay away from our mobile phone during sleep?
- What can I do to enhance my quality of sleep?
- How do I motivate myself to get to bed on time?
- what is a “sleep ritual” that you can’t sleep without?