I struggle with the same problem, and the only solution i’ve found so far is taking a melatonin supplement every night before bed. It’s so nice and less stressful to go to bed with knowing that you will fall into sleep with ease, but I don’t want to use sleeping medication.
In addition to what you are doing go to bed at the same time every night. Get up at the same time every morning. Do an evening gratitude journal and listen to some sleep meditations. There are apps that offer brainwaves. Utilize those and there is an EMDR App for sleep. See an EMDR Clinician first to make sure it’s appropriate for you and take advantage of all the sleep stories out there. Diffuse Lavendar and chamomile with a touch of sweet orange. And let your dog sleep near.
This may seem weird but make when lying I'm bed make up HAPPY scenarios in you head. It could be anything. It could even be previous POSITIVE dreams that you have had before if you can remember them. It used to take me ages to fall asleep but since I have doing this I fall asleep almost instantly. Also this may seem even weirder but pretend that you can talk to people through your mind. Have fake conversation with them whilst trying to get to sleep. This seems to work for me and I hope it works for you too.
Have you tried a sleep meditation? Or sleep hypnosis. I've got black out curtains which help. Also a sleep mask can work too. Concentrate on your breath n focusing on my breath will relax me and help me go to sleep also. Best of luck
- How do I make myself go to sleep? I don’t feel tired until rather late. Any suggestions how to make myself go to sleep?
- How do you get back to sleep if you have woken up in the middle of the night?
- What should I do if I feel to anxious at bedtime?
- What motivated you to change your sleep habits?
- I like to sleep under the covers, but I also get easily hot. What bedding do you use to help with this problem?
- How can you make your environment much better than it is now? I would like some suggestion.
- Do you turn off your phones before bed: or do you use the alarm on your phone?
- how to switch brain off when going to sleep. Am overthinker
- What do you do with recurring nightmares?
- When you wake up during the night to use the restroom, do you have a hard time getting back to sleep? What helps you get back to sleep?