-Get your nails done
-Watch a good movie on Netflix
-Plan your favourite meal
– Engage in your favourite activity
The bigger the challenge the better the spoils. A month without missing? New exercise outfit. New shoes. A cute little lanyard. Go crazy and go to the party store for small daily wins. Gold stars, stickers, coins. Is it your own exercise machine? Cover that baby in good job stickers. No machine. Teach into your memory and make yourself an achievement board. Lots of us use them to hold our positive reinforcement statements. Use yours to showcase your wins. Dont forget goodie days for you. Manicure, trim, wax, lunch with an old friend. Your awards can be what you like. What you choose. My only caveat? Make sure you can afford them. I got a little carried away.
Point is you can save and reward yourself at the same time.
I personally drink the p90x recovery drink because it's delicious. It's expensive, so I only get it when I complete my routine.
This has a nice side benefit of making me take a lot of time to "celebrate" and let the feeling of accomplishment sink in.
Think about the long-term implications. You will be physically fitter, you will be feeling the effect of endorphins being released, you will be healthier and smiling.
Share with others your achievements either to one friend or perhaps on social media. Go old school and have a sticker chart. You may wish to put a mark on a calendar so you can see how many days of success you have had (the app does this but there's something satisfying about striking it on yourself!)
- What are your favorite music stations for the gym on Pandora?
- How do you make a good exercise plan?
- Do you have to do the same exercise every day?
- What exercise do you think is best to start the morning?
- How do you keep your motivation up when your weight loss is slow?
- What is your go-to motivating exercise music?
- Do you know any quick but effective workouts or exercises to do in the morning?
- Do you prefer HIIT Exercises or more slow paced activities? Why?
- How can I feel not so tired in the morning?
- How do you get up in the morning to go to the gym?