But maybe, above all, some good coffee ☕☕☕☕😊😊😊😊
-drink water right away
-use more than 1 alarm and the phone must be on the other side of the room
Drinking a whole glass of water immediately to starting a playlist, cold shower for 3 seconds (shower cap!) and then 20 min meditation. Then go back to routine. I’m always tired in bed but I do always notice that it goes away!!
But to answer your question, being a non-morning person who is obligated to rise by 515am I often show gratitude for whatever rest I have gotten and say/think I will be fine- step 1.
Then I try to sleep with my robe on the bed so I can slide that on before I even get up.
Another step includes putting peppermint, pine tree, or eucalyptus oil in the shower… a few drops in the corner or more if I am dragging a little.
Finally, and this is the big part for me, I play a quick game on my phone or watch a youtube video before I hop in the shower.
Try to make sure you aren’t distracted in your sleep from any flashing lights from your phone or any unnecessary noises. Use ear plugs or an eye cover if needed.
It can help to have 2 cups of something hydrating before bed ( water or herbal tea).
The most effective way to wake up without feeling stuck in bed is to train yourself to spring up right away. When you hear your alarm, don’t hit snooze! You should have a max of 2 alarms. Don’t lie in bed. The second you hear the alarm, sit up in bed and grab your glass of water and then stand up (because I know fabulous has that on your morning routine haha).
- How has stretching helped you?
- What motivates you to stretch each day?
- Should I have a handful of stretches I keep on repeat or try new ones (more or less) everyday?
- how can you make yourself more flexible by stretching?
- Shoulder pain around blade. How do I stretch that out?
- How can you make your back more flexible?
- When is the best time for stretching? In the morning when all muscles are stiff or in the evening?
- What stretches do you find most helpful/useful?
- What are some stretches to be more flexible?
- I want to be better about stretching! How can I better incorporate this into my day?