The app Calm focuses on mindfulness meditation with guided meditation daily and also topical meditation series like 7 Days of Calming Anxiety. I have found it amazingly helpful.
There are also Master Classes on things like Gratitude, Mindful Eating, the 4 Pillars of Health, and Sleep Stories (with Matthew McConaughey and John McEnroe reading) that do a great job of helping me fall asleep.
There's also Guided Imagery by Belle Ruth Naperstak.
I make sure to do the Daily Calm every day in the morning and when possible a different meditation as desired later in the day.
Keeps me grounded, calm, less anxiety and stress. Helps me not worry about petty things or get anxious because it also teaches compassion and loving kindness for yourself and eventually to others.
Just do the few minutes on Calm each day and don't judge yourself. The point is to observe without judgment. At times, you may even get into the state of utter peace with yourself and the world.
There is not much to starting but it is difficult if you are not used to sitting still and just allowing yourself to be. Not doing anything just existing.
I like the life situation meditations. But it’s still important to do a class on a theme. It gives your mind the bigger picture. 😃
- What music should I meditate to and for how long??😇
- What is your favorite spot to meditate?
- Do you use mantras while you meditate? And if so, which ones work well for you?
- What is the easiest way to get rid of a distracted mind during meditation?
- What is the best way to meditate? It is best to have a longer time limit or start with a slower time limit?
- Is it bad that I don’t try to be present? I can very easily get focused on my body and senses so it’s not like I can’t be present. It’s just most of the time I use meditation as a way to jump start my mind to create and focusing on my breath doesn’t really did that. It’s like the meditation is a travel agent setting my mind off so I can follow where it goes.
- How long do you tend to mediate for each day?
- Do you have any fun meditation techniques, that makes meditation fun and motivating to do?
- I struggle keeping myself concentrated with meditation, how can I overcome that? Thx
- What apps do you use for meditating?