There is not much to starting but it is difficult if you are not used to sitting still and just allowing yourself to be. Not doing anything just existing.
- I have to meditate at least 20 minutes at a time but I prefer 45 minutes. What are the benefits of short meditations?
- What are the benefits of meditation?
- Sometimes I jump out of my state of meditation kinda like the falling dream that can wake you as you begin to sleep. Is this normal? Why does this happen and are there ways to help prevent this reaction?
- How do I find time to meditate?
- What can I do about back pain when I meditate?
The app Calm focuses on mindfulness meditation with guided meditation daily and also topical meditation series like 7 Days of Calming Anxiety. I have found it amazingly helpful.
There are also Master Classes on things like Gratitude, Mindful Eating, the 4 Pillars of Health, and Sleep Stories (with Matthew McConaughey and John McEnroe reading) that do a great job of helping me fall asleep.
There's also Guided Imagery by Belle Ruth Naperstak.
I make sure to do the Daily Calm every day in the morning and when possible a different meditation as desired later in the day.
Keeps me grounded, calm, less anxiety and stress. Helps me not worry about petty things or get anxious because it also teaches compassion and loving kindness for yourself and eventually to others.
Just do the few minutes on Calm each day and don't judge yourself. The point is to observe without judgment. At times, you may even get into the state of utter peace with yourself and the world.
I like the life situation meditations. But it’s still important to do a class on a theme. It gives your mind the bigger picture. 😃
- What are the advantages you see with meditation in a group?
- I wonder if there are others who have trouble visualizing, while meditating? Is yes, can you do it now? If yes, what did you do that allowed you to visualize? I am so frustrated! TIA.
- It’s so easy to stop meditating and not get back into it. How do I persist with my practice even when it seems like I don’t have time or patience for it?
- Does anyone use a candle when they meditate?
- Does anybody use a meditation pillow? And do you meditate first thing in the morning or later?
- How long before you feel that meditation is working?
- What is your practice like? Do you ever find yourself avoiding meditation?
- Why do you choose to meditate? Is it because of how it makes you feel?
- Is better if you meditate with more people?
- How long do you usually meditate and what’s in your mind when meditating? How efficiently keep concentrating?