I just started the stretching. Haven’t started Yoga yet but as a dancer when I was younger, we always stretched before dancing. Not sure about Yoga!
I like to stretch before doing yoga only bc I sometimes feel that my day is filled with so much, though I’m not always aware that my body and muscles are tightening. When I stretch, it relaxes my muscles which is a good beginning to a relaxing yoga/meditation exercise. 🌷
You have answered your own question. If you muscles are warm then you will be able to get further into a pose. Start with a short warm up and stretch and journal your findings. Does it help? My thinking is it will. Happy yoga!
I don’t but that doesn’t mean it’s wrong to do it. I say listen to your body and if you feel like you need to, you do you.
- Stretching always hurts more in the morning than it does later in the day when my body is more awake and warmed up. Is there a way to wake my body up faster in my morning routine without having to run around?
- Any suggestions for stretches I can incorporate at work without getting weird looks?
- 👀 I’ve never had anyone answer my questions here when I’ve asked. Do me a favor? Give me your best pep talk 😁 Inspire me 🙆🏻♀️🎉🖤
- What do you use to get more stretching exercises other than the 10 minutes of guided stretching on fabulous?
- Why is my body always sore. I don’t work out or anything but for some reason I always have sore muscles
- If ju can’t get a pose done correctly, do you skip it or do you keep trying every day? If so, how do you treat your self when you make it/don’t make it? Why?
- Yes. Can you give me some exemples of Stretch habits?
- in your experience have you found that one minute several times a day is enough to create a lasting change in flexibility for very tight muscles?
- Do you recommend stretching before warming up your muscles or the opposite?
- What parts of your body need the most stretching in the morning?