I just started the stretching. Haven’t started Yoga yet but as a dancer when I was younger, we always stretched before dancing. Not sure about Yoga!
- How can I be more flexible?
- What benefits do you get from stretching?
- What are the best stretches to get the blood flowing?
- I like to do yoga outside if the weather is nice. Is there a normally indoor exercise that you like to perform in nature?
- What is the best stretching routine to get me relaxed at night?
I like to stretch before doing yoga only bc I sometimes feel that my day is filled with so much, though I’m not always aware that my body and muscles are tightening. When I stretch, it relaxes my muscles which is a good beginning to a relaxing yoga/meditation exercise. 🌷
You have answered your own question. If you muscles are warm then you will be able to get further into a pose. Start with a short warm up and stretch and journal your findings. Does it help? My thinking is it will. Happy yoga!
I don’t but that doesn’t mean it’s wrong to do it. I say listen to your body and if you feel like you need to, you do you.
- Do you find the breaks between exercises to be really short?
- When do you stretch and for how long? Also how do you find routines?
- What do you include in your stretching routine?
- I have noticed that when I stretch I tend to always do the same thing and I get “bored.” Does anyone have any tips on how to stay motivated for stretching?
- Is there a specific routine you follow for stretching? If so, what is it?
- Do you focus on one body part or the whole body?
- What does your stretch routine look like? What do you follow? Or do you have your own routine? If so, what is it?
- How often do you stretch? More than once a day?
- What are the best stretches for the glutes?
- How has stretching helped you so far?