I just started the stretching. Haven’t started Yoga yet but as a dancer when I was younger, we always stretched before dancing. Not sure about Yoga!
- Is there such a thing as over stretching ?
- What’s a quick stretch routine (less than 10 minutes)?
- What type of stretches do you do?
- How do you stretch those tight spots between your shoulder blades, hips, and glutes?
- Is there any stretch exercise I can do in my bed? Sometimes I forget stretching before I go to bed.
I like to stretch before doing yoga only bc I sometimes feel that my day is filled with so much, though I’m not always aware that my body and muscles are tightening. When I stretch, it relaxes my muscles which is a good beginning to a relaxing yoga/meditation exercise. 🌷
You have answered your own question. If you muscles are warm then you will be able to get further into a pose. Start with a short warm up and stretch and journal your findings. Does it help? My thinking is it will. Happy yoga!
I don’t but that doesn’t mean it’s wrong to do it. I say listen to your body and if you feel like you need to, you do you.
- What are good stretches for the morning when you get up?
- Stretches or exercises I could do to relieve lower and upper back pain? I have pain along my spine
- What kind of stretches do you like to do for your lower back and hamstrings?
- How does stretching help my brain?
- How many muscle groups do you target per stretch session?
- What type of exercises can I do beside sit-ups? They are too strenuous for me.
- I want to know how to stretch my glutes.
- What part of fabulous can help me with anxiety?
- How long do you usually have to stretch to actually have an effect on your body?
- Do you find it’s easier to stretch in the morning right after you wake up or at night before bed?