I just started the stretching. Haven’t started Yoga yet but as a dancer when I was younger, we always stretched before dancing. Not sure about Yoga!
I like to stretch before doing yoga only bc I sometimes feel that my day is filled with so much, though I’m not always aware that my body and muscles are tightening. When I stretch, it relaxes my muscles which is a good beginning to a relaxing yoga/meditation exercise. 🌷
You have answered your own question. If you muscles are warm then you will be able to get further into a pose. Start with a short warm up and stretch and journal your findings. Does it help? My thinking is it will. Happy yoga!
I don’t but that doesn’t mean it’s wrong to do it. I say listen to your body and if you feel like you need to, you do you.
- How has stretching helped you?
- What motivates you to stretch each day?
- Should I have a handful of stretches I keep on repeat or try new ones (more or less) everyday?
- how can you make yourself more flexible by stretching?
- Shoulder pain around blade. How do I stretch that out?
- How can you make your back more flexible?
- When is the best time for stretching? In the morning when all muscles are stiff or in the evening?
- What stretches do you find most helpful/useful?
- What are some stretches to be more flexible?
- I want to be better about stretching! How can I better incorporate this into my day?