I just started the stretching. Haven’t started Yoga yet but as a dancer when I was younger, we always stretched before dancing. Not sure about Yoga!
I like to stretch before doing yoga only bc I sometimes feel that my day is filled with so much, though I’m not always aware that my body and muscles are tightening. When I stretch, it relaxes my muscles which is a good beginning to a relaxing yoga/meditation exercise. 🌷
You have answered your own question. If you muscles are warm then you will be able to get further into a pose. Start with a short warm up and stretch and journal your findings. Does it help? My thinking is it will. Happy yoga!
I don’t but that doesn’t mean it’s wrong to do it. I say listen to your body and if you feel like you need to, you do you.
- I want to know how to relax while stretching
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?