Normally, the first thing I do when I wake up is to step inside my slippers, and stretch.The technique I’m using is just the regular stretch moves they used to make you do at school in PE. Lessons!Just, keep your legs straight and try to touch them, for 20 seconds, then, take your arm over your shoulder and try to touch your back, etc. ….So, yeah, not something very different or special! 😅 I hope you find the perfect life for yourself!
- Without the right environment and enough time in a day, how do I continue practicing a daily stretching ritual?
- Do you do mobility work too or just stretching?
- Do you find the breaks between exercises to be really short?
- How do you know the stretch you’re doing is good for your joints?
- What’s the best general stretch you do for your body?
I do short yoga sequences. Sun salutation, or sometimes dedicated stretches for a specific area that is trouble me. I spend a lot of time in shoulder and back stretches because I spend a lot of time on the computer – so puppy pose, cat-cow, eagle arms, thread the needle etc.
I stretch on my bed while waking for the day. I start with the butterfly, flow into a side to side stretch then I turn over to end with child's pose and open up to start my day in Asuna.
The stretches I normally do, are the ones before doing yoga as a warm up, to have more of a flexible body and core, i try my best to do it on a daily basis, which also improve my yoga practice day after another.
Yoga! I never thought I would be a yoga person but I joined Corepower and their C2 classes are a great low impact strength and cardio workout disguised with intense stretching. Never looking back!
My favourite stretches are from Yin Yoga. If I'm short of time I do a few spinal twists, forward bends and child's pose. Longer, I have a few videos from YouTube for 60 – 90 minute sessions. Yoga with Cassandra is probably my favourite site for different Yin workouts.
- Does it get easier to get back up after stretching on the floor?
- I would like stretching exercises or recommendations that could be done in an office setting or even safely while driving or in an area with minimal space?
- Are there fast and easy stretches anyone knows?
- Does stretching make you more flexible?
- Stretches for hump back/text neck?
- Good stretches for lower back?
- Do you warm up before stretching?
- Why is it neck pain can be so easily reduced with regular stretching and yet it’s so often ignored?
- How do you guys manage to do the same routines every day?!? I have school on weekdays from 7 to 2:30 then on Monday’s and Thursday’s I have karate and on Tuesdays and Thursday’s I have drama club and volleyball on Fridays. My schedule changes daily so it’s really hard for me to establish a solid routine. Can you help? Thanks a million, xoxo
- Do you have the same stretching routine every day or do you focus on different areas each day?