If you just do a little bit everyday, you’ll improve gradually. Don’t aim for pain, be king to yourself! I couldn’t do the splits, but I did just 5 minutes each day and after a couple months I could do it. This method won’t get you and instant results but you’ll really improve and enjoy stretching too.
- Do you prefer stretching in the morning as soon as you wake up or in the evening before bed and why?
- How do you prevent over stretching in a body that is hyper extensible
- What kind of morning stretches do you do?
- How do I prevent a knot in my shoulder blades with stretching?
- Does it actually help to stretch?
I’ve had issues with my lower back for years, and it seems when I’m stressed I always get a sore back, and it affects my mood a lot. Recently I’ve realised that the back issue is eased or totally erased by stretching my hip and leg muscles. So I’m trying to make it a daily habit to stretch these muscles, as it prevents my back getting in a bad way. It’s so rewarding to have an ache-free back!
I don’t really have a “success” story—but I try to set 5ish minutes aside everyday to stretch. I’m a dancer, so the flexibility aspect of it has helped me tremendously. Stretching makes me feel less cramped—I would totally recommend stretching every day if you can. If helps me sleep better and feel more relaxed! It’s a part of my evening routine.
Not so much just stretching, but a short yoga routine has really changed my life and my body and how I feel about myself. 15 minutes of stretching daily just totally resets my mood and grounds me and keeps me motivated to stick to all my other decisions. Don't know if that's just me but that's how I feel about it now!
- What are good stretches for the morning when you get up?
- Stretches or exercises I could do to relieve lower and upper back pain? I have pain along my spine
- What kind of stretches do you like to do for your lower back and hamstrings?
- How does stretching help my brain?
- How many muscle groups do you target per stretch session?
- What type of exercises can I do beside sit-ups? They are too strenuous for me.
- I want to know how to stretch my glutes.
- What part of fabulous can help me with anxiety?
- How long do you usually have to stretch to actually have an effect on your body?
- Do you find it’s easier to stretch in the morning right after you wake up or at night before bed?