1) Make a promise to yourself in the evening that you will get up as you hear the buzzer. Visualize this and think about measures you can take if you still want to hit the Snooze button.
2) Count backwards from 5 and jump out of your bed. While counting you don’t have time to make up excuses for yourself.
I have the best results using 1 and 2 together…
We often don’t give our body all that it needs. It’s actually a super important part of accomplishing everything important that you want!
I hate to say this but I don’t hit the snooz button, I just simply ignore my alarm. Or I am so knocked out I sleep past tehe alarm time because I was dead asleep.
The best remedy for not having to hit the snooze button really begins the night before when you go to bedroom, that is what time you hit the sack and how well you keep your promise of making your nighttime routine a reality, the dark and noiseless bedroom
If these routines are faithfully completed the night before then the need for more sleep won’t be felt so greatly the next morning when the alarm sounds, and if you do feel the need to hit the snooze button after several nights of night routines, the urge to hit snooze will slack off
I also installed a strech routine between the snoozes it wakes me up gradually and I am allowed only 2 snoozes. I turn on the light as i hit the 2nd snooze I also put eyedrops in my eyes instead of waiting to be in the bathroom) and I lately tried aromatherapy lemon/mandarin that I spray to help wakimg me up. This serms to work well like a pavlov association.
Hope that was helpful 😉
What I’ve found is helpful is having a plan for things I need to accomplish prior to leaving for work in the mornings. This means that I HAVE to get up at that time or those things won’t get done because I’ll run out of “morning time”. This has been working so much better!
Meditation before bed helps.
I used to have this issue. Now I wake up before my alarm and I feel well rested.
Try to “ psych” oneself that today is a marvellous day
Look for a positive outlook of having to get up…. A reason..,
- What can I do to do my morning exercise every day? Any helpful tips?
- Does just a 30 min walk count as exercise? Also, if a pedometer app like Google Fit says I have walked 30 mins throughout the day but not consecutively, does that count?
- Anyone who hates exercise yet managed to lose some weight for health, what advice can you offer?
- How do I figure out when to do my exercise? I don’t feel like there is a cut out recipe.
- When is the best time to exercise according to science. Before or after a full meal?
- How do you get someone who is experiencing depression to exercise?
- What do I do on days where I don’t feel that I have the energy or willpower to exercise?
- What do you do when you don’t have enough time?
- I have real trouble In being active throughout the day. No excuses, am lazy. How do I not be?
- What kind of exercise do you do?