In the past, I haven’t but it’s a good idea to put it on silent or at least cutting down your notifications. I have children so I always what them to be able to reach me.
- What do you prefer having for breakfast? I’m looking for some healthy and quick meal to eat in the morning. 🙂
- How do you cope with automatic negative thoughts and distorted self-perception? What strategies do you use?
- Do you tend to get a yoga mat out for stretching or just do a standing up stretch?
- What time should I wake up?
- How do you make sure you end up completing maximum tasks off your to-do list
In some of the meditation applications there is an option "do not disturb when I meditate", it may work for you. In my opinion the meditation is the gift that you give to yourself, so don't feel bad when you put your phone in silent mode while meditating
Absolutely. Even better if your phone, tablet, laptop, chrome book or any other device is all the way in a different room! Meditation should be completely free of distractions. You cannot looks inwards if you are looking outwards.
I don’t but that sounds like a good idea if you’re prone to get notifications at that time. I’m more prone to get interrupted in person & have considered closing my office door & putting a sign on it as to when I’ll be available.
Yes I do. I put my phone on the Do not disturb mode. For the very same reason, as once it’s morning messages as notifications keep popping in. It’s hard to focus.
Bartolomeu Da mata
Hi there, I know exactly what you mean! A message can disrupt your meditation session and quickly bring it to a halt. I put my phone on flight mode while meditating. No disruptions for the entire 15 minutes!
I turn on the do not disturb setting during my meditation. It mutes all notifications but will show a missed call or text once I’m ready to step back into my day.
My phone is always on silent. I enjoy the times when I forget about it. Otherwise at every ding or swoosh or chirp of buzz my focus would be taken away from the moment in front of me to see an alert about something that could possible hurt my mood. So yes, when I meditate my phone is on silent, but I also try to have tiny meditative sessions throughout the day.
Not always, but I agree that that the disturbance is not acceptable. I will try to put my phone on silent whenever I meditate.
I didn’t do it at first, but after a few interruptions it sounds like a great idea! It’s only 10-15 minutes after all, not much. Even if it’s an urgent call, I think that they can wait that much. You could have been in the toilet and miss the call, it would be the same 😉
That is an excellent point. I have never remembered to do this but I think I will start going into airplane mode. I already have my phone set so that it makes zero noise EVER because I don’t like to be distracted. But calls do buzz. Thanks!
- Do you use the Fabulous-app for meditation, or do you use another app? 🧘🏼♀️
- Do you prefer doing meditation in silence or using an application for different sounds?
- If you listen to anything while you meditate, what do you listen to?
- How do you meditate on your own? I can only do guided meditations right now and I’d like to get to a point where I can just do it in my own, even if just for a few minutes/
- Do people actually meditate in the morning? How do you find the time?
- What tool, if any, is the most helpful while meditating? I personally use Mala beads, but would like to try more.
- What time of day do you find meditation most refreshing or invigorating?
- What time of a day do you guys like to meditate? I find that it’s really difficult for me to meditate at the end of a day. But I am more fine to do it first thing in the morning.
- What time of day do you prefer to meditate?
- Does anyone else find it hard to breathe long breaths? I breathe shallow and it makes it hard to meditate in classes cause the breaths are so long.