Sitting on the floor with pillow allows to have a far different position from the position I have in office, so I can avoid thoughts on my duties
When I meditate I find it more relaxing to sit on the floor, either on a rug or pillow. So for you I recommend a pillow and not a chair. To me it seems more suitable to be on the ground during meditation, but I have not tried a chair. I will try it tomorrow, Thanks you!😊
When I created my meditation shrine I got a very fluffy fuzzy circle rug and a blue meditation pillow/slash yoga block filled with buckwheat that is slightly darker blue in color! It is awesome!!
I try to mix it up-seated, lying down, outside, in bed, in the living-room-wherever I feel like it in that moment as I do not have a dedicated meditation space yet. Once our renos are complete I will set up and small area in my office with a comfy pillow or chair.
I don’t have a preference. For me, it depends on when I feel the need to meditate so it will depend on where I am at that time.
Sometimes a rug is just enough. It depends on the time you want to spend doing it. You want to sit comfortably enough to focus on your meditation but not as much as for falling asleep
I like using a chair. I need to work on my posture, and a chair with a back helps me check in with my spine the same way I do with my breath. I do want to “graduate” to a pillow in the future, but I’m not quite there yet.
- What is the actual process of meditation? What should I actually do during Meditation? What should I think about?
- Hey fabulous people do find it best to meditate first thing in the morning ?
- What specific skill is most important in meditation?
- What is in your mind when you meditate?
- What do you do to get back in the groove when you’re interrupted while meditating?
- Could you meditate after school?
- What is the difference between mind voice and intuition voice? How to make a difference between them?
- Summer is pretty much here where I live- kids schedule changes pretty dramatically and there are usually family and friend events that need a lot of planning and dedication towards which throws me off my work schedule and even my daily routine and rituals. How do you all stay on track with your daily routine and work schedule when summer comes and kids and family schedules change ?
- Please how do I meditate? What’s the procedure?
- What are some common thoughts you have that are resistant to meditating? How do you cope with them, both during meditation and not?