When I meditate I find it more relaxing to sit on the floor, either on a rug or pillow. So for you I recommend a pillow and not a chair. To me it seems more suitable to be on the ground during meditation, but I have not tried a chair. I will try it tomorrow, Thanks you!😊
- How do you get your mind to stay centered when you meditate? Mine keeps drifting into thoughts?
- What is your favorite simple meditation for when you’re out in public?
- What is your dream goal?
- Do you guys meditate throughout the day as well as at night? Right now, I only meditate to help me fall asleep, but I think it would help me to meditate during the day, I just have to find time 🙂
- What time of day is best for meditating?
I try to mix it up-seated, lying down, outside, in bed, in the living-room-wherever I feel like it in that moment as I do not have a dedicated meditation space yet. Once our renos are complete I will set up and small area in my office with a comfy pillow or chair.
Nilo Da costa
Sometimes a rug is just enough. It depends on the time you want to spend doing it. You want to sit comfortably enough to focus on your meditation but not as much as for falling asleep
Sitting on the floor with pillow allows to have a far different position from the position I have in office, so I can avoid thoughts on my duties
I don’t have a preference. For me, it depends on when I feel the need to meditate so it will depend on where I am at that time.
When I created my meditation shrine I got a very fluffy fuzzy circle rug and a blue meditation pillow/slash yoga block filled with buckwheat that is slightly darker blue in color! It is awesome!!
I like using a chair. I need to work on my posture, and a chair with a back helps me check in with my spine the same way I do with my breath. I do want to “graduate” to a pillow in the future, but I’m not quite there yet.
- What do you think about when you meditate?
- I just have such a hard time not letting my thoughts get in the way, any suggestions?
- What do people “get “out of meditation?
- Is there a position in which you feel more easy to concentrate?
- What time is needed for meditation? Should it be different in the morning and in the evening? If you sometimes fall asleep during meditation, what should you do?
- In meditation. Is your mind supposed to be clear or can you meditate on something positive (or both)?
- How do you sit straight but relaxed?
- When meditating are there easier ways to focus instead of visualizing my breath? I have a hard time concentrating and keeping my mind from wandering when meditating. Does this get better with practice? And what are tips to get better?
- Sometime, while meditating I feel the urge to open my eyes. It’s better to open them or trying to focus harder?
- How do you know when you’re comfortable enough to start meditating without a guided meditation?