When I meditate I find it more relaxing to sit on the floor, either on a rug or pillow. So for you I recommend a pillow and not a chair. To me it seems more suitable to be on the ground during meditation, but I have not tried a chair. I will try it tomorrow, Thanks you!😊
- How do you get back on track when you haven’t done meditation for a few or more days?
- What type of meditation do you prefer? Why?
- Should I do a meditation retreat? I remember that my first one was life transforming but it’s difficult to find 10 days free of anything else to meditate.
- I haven’t been able to start doing my 3 days exercises challenge. Even with Fabulous’s help. Any suggestions on how to motivate myself to start?
- How can you get calmer and get rid of the monkey-mind while meditating? I am so distracted about this rush-mind every time I am meditating.
I try to mix it up-seated, lying down, outside, in bed, in the living-room-wherever I feel like it in that moment as I do not have a dedicated meditation space yet. Once our renos are complete I will set up and small area in my office with a comfy pillow or chair.
Nilo Da costa
Sometimes a rug is just enough. It depends on the time you want to spend doing it. You want to sit comfortably enough to focus on your meditation but not as much as for falling asleep
Sitting on the floor with pillow allows to have a far different position from the position I have in office, so I can avoid thoughts on my duties
I don’t have a preference. For me, it depends on when I feel the need to meditate so it will depend on where I am at that time.
When I created my meditation shrine I got a very fluffy fuzzy circle rug and a blue meditation pillow/slash yoga block filled with buckwheat that is slightly darker blue in color! It is awesome!!
I like using a chair. I need to work on my posture, and a chair with a back helps me check in with my spine the same way I do with my breath. I do want to “graduate” to a pillow in the future, but I’m not quite there yet.
- What does meditation do?
- Should I meditate in silence or with peaceful music?
- What are some of your difficulties with meditation and how do you cope with them/maintain focus?
- How to not get into sleep
- Can you meditate while driving?
- Do you think you need to meditate every day? Or do you alternate that with journaling?
- It’s difficult to me to have self-discipline. The worst of all is that I compare myself to others and I get disappointed. How can meditation help me get over it?
- What should I think about during meditation to improve calmness and increase the duration of the meditation?
- What is mindfulness meditation?
- How do you sit while you meditate?