At the moment I prefer guided meditations with Calm app, sometimes I use Tibetan, Indian or Chinese music for meditations
- What does meditation do?
- Meditation can take many different forms. Has anyone tried the walking meditation and if so how have u found it compared to sitting meditation?
- How do you remember to meditate when your routine is inconsistent? I’ve gotten into the habit of meditating at night, but I think I’d really benefit from meditation at some point during the day. I can’t seem to find a consistent point in time that works in my schedule. Which makes it hard to remember/implement.
- When is the best time to meditate?
- How long do you usually meditate?
I meditate with an app. It’s very down to earth, and helps me with awareness in various areas. It also stresses the lighthearted, curious aspect of meditation, and makes it accessible.
I prefer meditating with some calm music because there usually isn't complete silence when I decide to meditate. Otherwise I'd prefer to meditate in complete silence or in nature
I usually use the calm app which offers a nice balance of guided meditation and silence for a deep concentration. There are also soothing audio tracks that can be played under the voice and silence.
I feel like silent meditations are “better for me” whereas the sounds are a bit of a cheat. Just that little bit of distraction sometimes pulls my mind away from the focus.
Personally, i like to have ambient music. I have 4 teenagers and find it helps me block out the noises they are making in the rest of the house when i have soothing noises to focus on if i need it.
Ambiant peaceful music after finding a quote/scripture that I want to understand better. I write it down and fill a page to help me rember. Then I meditate on it. Ambiant noise can help with distractions.
Both! I often meditate in silence which has it's own quality but one of the apps I use (Calm) has a variety of background musics – I personally like water sounds.
I like to meditate in silence and no intentional music. If a random sound or mouse happens to occur we can actually incorporate that into meditation as the practice will help you in the process. So meditation is all about just being here and now. Try without music. However, there are types of Yoga and other practices in which music helps. But for basic meditation no music is good.
I like guided meditations it helps me to keep focus for a longer time and generally includes some oriented excercises or visualizations toward a certain benefit or mindfulness skill.
I think ambient music helps me concentrate throughout my meditation session. What I found most helpful were the prerecorded meditation lessons in the fabulous app. They help and teach a lot!
I used to like ambient music or silence. But now I try to be practice meditation with daily sounds around me so that I can meditated anywhere and not have sounds get in my way.
To music, or a guiding voice. I live in a very noisy city so it's music helps drown out the unpleasant stressing sounds of the outside world.
- What does meditation do?
- Should I meditate in silence or with peaceful music?
- What are some of your difficulties with meditation and how do you cope with them/maintain focus?
- How to not get into sleep
- Can you meditate while driving?
- Do you think you need to meditate every day? Or do you alternate that with journaling?
- It’s difficult to me to have self-discipline. The worst of all is that I compare myself to others and I get disappointed. How can meditation help me get over it?
- What should I think about during meditation to improve calmness and increase the duration of the meditation?
- What is mindfulness meditation?
- How do you sit while you meditate?