I usually walk a path into my meditation, I count down 15 steps then I imagine a landscape an sit there, then I start to breathe fully and start to listen to what is around me in the moment, so I let the landscape slowly change into where I actually am at the moment. This help me see my surroundings in a different way when I emerge from this little journey, many details change every time, but the the substance remains
I have no particular phrase or thought because I only tried meditation once for ten minutes so I am still figuring it out :p
Meditation is new to me, I still need guided meditation and am trying various meditation messages, some work better than others…
Joyce H. Addae
I mostly focus on gratitude and sometimes my body sensations. I am quite new to meditation myself so it's been pretty much the same subjects for now. Once in a while I focus on my immediate surroundings and think about the things my eyes can see
I like meditating on why I have negative thoughts and feelings at times, kinda as a self reflection. However I feel every 2-3days the negative thoughts and feelings often change. Just remember It’s normal to have or not have thoughts and/or phrases to meditate on and it’s ok For them to change .
It’s actually quite stable as my overall live goals don’t change as I found my purpose. Occasionally I will use things that happened recently to reflect on and meditate about, overall its usually very steady
- How do you position yourself during meditation?
- Have you considered going to a short meditation retreat?
- Yes. How exactly does one calm one’s mind in order to meditate? Like how can I quiet my mind completely in order to experience peace?
- Does meditation need to be done the same time every day?
- How do you meditate to get focused?
- How do you keep yourself focused on meditation?
- At times I have difficulty staying awake when I meditate in the morning. Does it happen to you too? How do you stay awake?
- What good meditation resources/apps do you use once you’ve progressed from the in-app ones?
- What changes do you see in yourself when you meditate daily?
- My mind drifts off too much during meditation, what should I do about it?