Good luck and take care.
Before we talk about how to stop it. We should agree first, never hate wandering mind. Because this one is natural habit of ours. Never think wandering mind is a big problem.
This mindset will help u understand more about your mind. Open with every mind condition. And not getting more worry and frustation.
Dont worry with wandering mind.
If u can accept this. Then, u can try this method.
First, for most of people meditation is about preparation. make your self relax. Take a nice place to meditate. Prepare your environment. Prepare your seat.
Second, trying to relax. U can Listen some soft music for 5-10 min . If u dont like music, Pray or chants for 5 minuites also can help u.
Third, empty your mind. let your mind wandering. If u doing breath meditation method. Slowly try to focus to feel your breath. Never want control your mind breath. just see what happend without interupt the process.
Until at some point u feel more relax and can more focus with breath. Keep meditate.
Hope this will help u
- Do you prefer guided meditation or silence? Why?
- Why do we have to meditate at same time every day?
- Which position do you find works best when practicing meditation?
- What are the kind of meditations you do?
- What is actually the best time to meditate like according to studies and scientists?
- How do I access the visualization meditation? When I am not in the routine how do I go back?
- I always wake up restless, which kind of meditation I should do?
- When you find your mind wandering while meditating, what do your thoughts typically stray to?
- Do you do your morning mediation on the floor or on a chair? Curious about posture…
- What tips do you have for mediation?