Before we talk about how to stop it. We should agree first, never hate wandering mind. Because this one is natural habit of ours. Never think wandering mind is a big problem.
This mindset will help u understand more about your mind. Open with every mind condition. And not getting more worry and frustation.
Dont worry with wandering mind.
If u can accept this. Then, u can try this method.
First, for most of people meditation is about preparation. make your self relax. Take a nice place to meditate. Prepare your environment. Prepare your seat.
Second, trying to relax. U can Listen some soft music for 5-10 min . If u dont like music, Pray or chants for 5 minuites also can help u.
Third, empty your mind. let your mind wandering. If u doing breath meditation method. Slowly try to focus to feel your breath. Never want control your mind breath. just see what happend without interupt the process.
Until at some point u feel more relax and can more focus with breath. Keep meditate.
Hope this will help u
Good luck and take care.
- What are the advantages you see with meditation in a group?
- I wonder if there are others who have trouble visualizing, while meditating? Is yes, can you do it now? If yes, what did you do that allowed you to visualize? I am so frustrated! TIA.
- It’s so easy to stop meditating and not get back into it. How do I persist with my practice even when it seems like I don’t have time or patience for it?
- Does anyone use a candle when they meditate?
- Does anybody use a meditation pillow? And do you meditate first thing in the morning or later?
- How long before you feel that meditation is working?
- What is your practice like? Do you ever find yourself avoiding meditation?
- Why do you choose to meditate? Is it because of how it makes you feel?
- Is better if you meditate with more people?
- How long do you usually meditate and what’s in your mind when meditating? How efficiently keep concentrating?