The next morning i pop 2 bread in the toaster , spread the avocado mix , grab a boiled egg and go
– Nuts (walnuts, almonds, brazil nuts),
– Seeds (handful of pumpkin or sunflower seeds)
– Healthy bread (rye, pumpernickel, etc).
It's a complete food with a perfect blend of nutrients and all that wotnot. You could live a perfectly healthy life just on a few shakes a day but that would take the joy of food away methinks! It can be prepared in under 5 mins or the night before.
Otherwise there's a wealth of options from a couple pieces of fruit, maybe a slice of ham and a spoon of peanut butter to preparing elaborate cold breakfasts the night before. A few minutes on Google and you'll have thousands of ideas.
But ideally, a little nighttime prep and setting aside 15 minutes to sit quietly, enjoy, appreciate and eat Mindfully would be the most beneficial!
I've yet to meet anyone who looks at their schedule and can't fit in 60 seconds 15 times in the morning. I don't say this a lot as I think sleep is a priority over everything but perhaps set that alarm 15 minutes earlier to enjoy the benefits of a good breakfast.
1. Gluten free quick oats with a tablespoon of raisins and a tablespoon of coconut or almond milk. (I personally use an unsweetened creamer called Nutpods that is a mixture of both) Coupled with a serving of fruit.
2. Rub olive oil on a sweet potato and microwave it. Sprinkle with cinnamon or salt. (I like a little
butter alternative called Melt or nothing at all. ) Coupled with a serving of fruit.
Whole grains cereal with almond milk and berries and spinach with eggs
Beef eggs and spinach
- Yes. As Indians and, particularly, as South Indians we’ve been raised to begin our day with food like idli, dosa, rice based foodstuff, roti and pulses, potatoes etc. But, those recipes are a lot of work and need prior prep. Also, they seem like they’re full of carbohydrates ( some good protein too, I agree). What breakfast ideas can I incorporate into my schedule if I have about 15 to 20 mins of prep time on my hands every morning?
- What’s the best thing to eat when you’re in a hurry?
- Whether it’s good to eat rice in the morning?
- What’s so great about breakfast?
- Can I eat bacon everyday?
- What are some good and easy to make vegan meals.
- Is coffee healthy?
- Would you eat rice as a breakfast?
- What are some great easy breakfasts for those of us with a very limited budget?
- What are quick breakfast options that will fill me up?