- How do you find time to keep up your meditation routine when you are surrounded by people all the time, like when you’re on vacation?
- At what time do you meditate. I find it hard to get into a routine because my schedule is different every day and in the morning I don’t want to get out of bed earlier.
- Is choosing the same spot to meditate important?
- I would like to know how other people manage to keep up their routines. I really struggle establishing strong positive habits, especially with food for example. Often I will have perfect weeks then fall off the wagon and feel like I’ve undone all the good work. Finding balance is difficult!
- When can I say that my meditation is working? How can I tell I am doing it right while I’m doing it?
Since I have began meditating I do not find that I have increased irritability. In fact, I often feel more calm and in control of my negative emotions than I previously was. I do find that I am more aware of my emotions. I think I notice when I am beginning to become irritable, sad, angry, etc more quickly than I used to. I also recognize this as an emotion that I have a choice to react to. I don't feel the need to dwell on these emotions as much, I feel them but they don't seem as big and consuming. I also reconize that I can simply shift my focus and that may change me emotion.
Persevere. If you are aware of your feelings, you can do something about them, so that's a positive! If you have any negative feelings, try to figure out why that is. Is it that your uncomfortable, or have something that needs to be done or is it that your mind is wandering? If there's something that you have to do, then do it & cone back to meditating later. If you're too hot, cold, hungry then sort that first. If it's that your mind is wandering, then give yourself 10 minutes or so to write it down in a journal. Then try again. If it's that your mind is saying this is pointless, then talk back & say it's Not! Our minds have a habit of putting us off & distracting us from finding peace. If it helps then start with a 10 minute meditation & work up to 30 mins or longer. There's literally thousands of meditations, it's just a case of finding the right one for how you feel in that particular moment. Eg if I stressed, then I'll find one to stop over thinking. If I'm wanting direction & purpose, then I'll listen to one for that. If I'm trying to sleep, or depressed then there's ones for them too.
You've made a Good start, now keep going!
- How can I ease into meditation at longer intervals?
- What time of day would you recommend for meditating?
- Can you suggest a confidence meditation?
- I sometimes have to work the night shift, how should I handle my evening routine?
- What do you do when you notice your mind is wandering away during meditation?
- Do you use an app for meditation? Which is your favorite?
- How do you stay consistent with a meditation habit?
- What am I supposed to do with my hands when meditating?
- How do l continue to become fabulous when there’s so much going on in my life right now?
- What is the best moment in the day to meditate? How much time should I make for it?