𝐇𝐞𝐲, 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐭. 𝐈 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐞𝐱𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐞. 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 "𝐟𝐮𝐞𝐥" 𝐬𝐨 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐱𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐞, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐚 𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨.
I eat after I exercise, as I feel too full otherwise. Once I have exercised I feel like I have earned my breakfast. It feels good
Before. I guess the breakfast is a way to trigger that early morning dopamine rush out of bed, but the exercise keeps it going. There's definitely benefits to eating after a workout but I haven't tried it in the morning yet
Eating after exercising is always better. If I have an intensive workout I stop eating 2 hours before, or else I won’t be able to perform well.
Engr Cio C.
I eat breakfast before exercising because I enjoy the boost in energy which it provides me. It’s one less task to think about at the gym!
I always prefer having breakfast after excercise. Because, when i had it before exercise, i needed to wait at least 1 hour. Otherwise, i cannot do excersice relaxly and efficiently
It's better to eat after you exercise. If you feel that you cannot exercise on an empty stomach, then have a small (I mean very small) snack and a cup of coffee before
It depends- if I am rolling out of bed straight to exercise I have found I don’t need food before but if I wait even 30 minutes or an hour I definitely need some fuel to keep the energy up
Both. I need energy from food to sustain me during a workout. So I’ll eat a light snack beforehand. Afterwards, I’ll eat a larger meal while my metabolism is kicking into high gear. Plus Eating the right foods can help replenish my muscles, helping me recover faster.
i tend to do intermittent fasting. so because my school has a “morning tea break”, i would usually exercise in around 6:30am, drink my coffee at home, then go to school and have my breakfast around 10:30am when it’s break time. obviously this won’t work for everyone, but i find this to be the easiest for me 🙂
I eat breakfast before I workout because it gives me energy for my workout. I also don’t like the feeling of being hungry while I work out . If I eat after I workout rather than before, I noticed that I tend to eat more and want unhealthy choices.
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.