𝐇𝐞𝐲, 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐭. 𝐈 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐞𝐱𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐞. 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 "𝐟𝐮𝐞𝐥" 𝐬𝐨 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐱𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐞, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐚 𝐡𝐮𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨.
I eat after I exercise, as I feel too full otherwise. Once I have exercised I feel like I have earned my breakfast. It feels good
Before. I guess the breakfast is a way to trigger that early morning dopamine rush out of bed, but the exercise keeps it going. There's definitely benefits to eating after a workout but I haven't tried it in the morning yet
Eating after exercising is always better. If I have an intensive workout I stop eating 2 hours before, or else I won’t be able to perform well.
Engr Cio C.
I eat breakfast before exercising because I enjoy the boost in energy which it provides me. It’s one less task to think about at the gym!
I always prefer having breakfast after excercise. Because, when i had it before exercise, i needed to wait at least 1 hour. Otherwise, i cannot do excersice relaxly and efficiently
It's better to eat after you exercise. If you feel that you cannot exercise on an empty stomach, then have a small (I mean very small) snack and a cup of coffee before
It depends- if I am rolling out of bed straight to exercise I have found I don’t need food before but if I wait even 30 minutes or an hour I definitely need some fuel to keep the energy up
Both. I need energy from food to sustain me during a workout. So I’ll eat a light snack beforehand. Afterwards, I’ll eat a larger meal while my metabolism is kicking into high gear. Plus Eating the right foods can help replenish my muscles, helping me recover faster.
i tend to do intermittent fasting. so because my school has a “morning tea break”, i would usually exercise in around 6:30am, drink my coffee at home, then go to school and have my breakfast around 10:30am when it’s break time. obviously this won’t work for everyone, but i find this to be the easiest for me 🙂
I eat breakfast before I workout because it gives me energy for my workout. I also don’t like the feeling of being hungry while I work out . If I eat after I workout rather than before, I noticed that I tend to eat more and want unhealthy choices.
- What are your ideas for healthy make-ahead breakfasts?
- How important is variety when it comes to eating breakfast?
- Does anyone have any suggestions for an on the go breakfast to just take with me along with my normal piece of fruit? The main reason I may not eat breakfast in the morning is due to time, but I find most ‘breakfast bar’ type on the go breakfasts boring and unsatisfying so I still find myself snacking an hour or two later.
- How long does it usually take to make your protein-rich breakfast on average? What shortcuts do you have, if any?
- What is something to eat for breakfast when you have to run out the door?
- I would like to ask for some help amongst the Fabulous members. Because I’m not easily motivated and don’t have much time on my hands, what can I do to ensure that I have a good breakfast without being time consuming in the morning?
- What about oil in breakfast? Is it good or bad? For example paratha and fried egg?
- What are some uncommon but amazing proteins to add to my mornings?
- What are vegan options for a high protein breakfast?
- What are good ideas for breakfast on the go??