I think static stretching is better for the morning. Less chance of hurting your self and wakes your body and muscles up slowly which is what you want.
Dynamic stretches. It's always good to have a warm up before going into stretching. A bonus is that getting up and moving around can heighten your alertness early in the morning, without needing the coffee! (But you can still have your coffee) Added benefits of a small bit of movement include increased blood flow, concentration, and memory.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?