I often use a pillow or cushion under my tush while my legs sit on the floor when I sit cross legged. It helps support my back and encourages me to sit upright. If you're having trouble with the sleep another idea is to keep your eyes open and hold a soft gaze without focusing on anything in particular.
You can do meditation 🧘♀️ laying down in bed 🛌 or you can lay down on the yoga 🧘♀️ mat with your hands on your belly and just focus on the breath going in and out
Some meditation is designed to make you fall asleep. First have a goal in mind – if you are wanting to fall asleep, obviously be in bed; if you aren't wanting to fall asleep be sat on a chair or even a stool so you're having to hold yourself up, then you will be less likely to fall asleep, really concentrate on what is being said too
I think it’s okay to fall asleep during meditation, but try to remain in a semi-conscious space to let your imagination take over.
I fall asleep when I am lying down while being very tired at the same time. For me there are two things one can do: first take a power nap before meditating. Maybe your body needs sleep. Second, sit upright and pay attention to your body and your breathing.
Focus on something but dont just focus on it, focus on the fact that you are focusing on it . Observe the thoughts that are going through your mind and be present with them. Know tht you are not your thoughts. And get some sleep! Sounds like you might just be tired when you sit down to practice
- Any form of other meditation which helps in productivity than the fabulous ones
- Do you ever experience anxiety when you attempt to meditate? I often have trouble settling down and focusing or clearing my mind.
- How to meditate and what is the point of meditating?
- What are some techniques you use to clear your head when it feels like everything is going a mile a minute and you can’t seem to pull your thoughts out of chaos in order to focus on your practice?
- What do you picture when trying to clear your mind during meditation?
- How often does one meditate in a week and how long for?
- What has helped you be consistent with meditation? A ritual, an app, friends maybe maybe?
- How do you set your intention to mediate and follow through?
- If you’ve been meditating for a while, how do you strengthen your practice?
- How to meditade in the workplace