- How long do you meditate and how often?
- How do you get back on track when you haven’t done meditation for a few or more days?
- When meditating are there easier ways to focus instead of visualizing my breath? I have a hard time concentrating and keeping my mind from wandering when meditating. Does this get better with practice? And what are tips to get better?
- How do you know your breathing technique is correct?
- How do you remember to meditate when your routine is inconsistent? I’ve gotten into the habit of meditating at night, but I think I’d really benefit from meditation at some point during the day. I can’t seem to find a consistent point in time that works in my schedule. Which makes it hard to remember/implement.
If anything needs clearing or tidying its done so that im not going to be distracted.
Then i have a handy app on my phone called mindfulness, it gently guides you with meditation. I even use it at times to help me sleep better. It could be called cheating, but if you're new to meditating its a handy tool.
Meditation after a nap is the best for me since I can relax completely without falling asleep.
I meditate before bed because it's a time when certainly I can spend a few minutes staying really present, since during the rush of the day I can make escuses for not meditating, hence losing the amazing benefits that this practice brings to me.
Also, doing it at the end of my sleeping ritual, helps me to slow down effectively. So, when I end it, I would not have problems to sleep.
Sadly it's not that easy on a very hot summer day when I cannot even concentrate, but I'm still trying.
Hope that helps~
Change the count if too easy or hard. It takes my mind down to 25mph after going 60+ all day
This meditation aids in falling asleep by relaxing the body and mind and helping prevent a racing mind that would otherwise keep you awake.
I hope you find it useful. Best wishes to you!
At home: phone less bedroom, just relaxing
- What are the advantages you see with meditation in a group?
- I wonder if there are others who have trouble visualizing, while meditating? Is yes, can you do it now? If yes, what did you do that allowed you to visualize? I am so frustrated! TIA.
- It’s so easy to stop meditating and not get back into it. How do I persist with my practice even when it seems like I don’t have time or patience for it?
- Does anyone use a candle when they meditate?
- Does anybody use a meditation pillow? And do you meditate first thing in the morning or later?
- How long before you feel that meditation is working?
- What is your practice like? Do you ever find yourself avoiding meditation?
- Why do you choose to meditate? Is it because of how it makes you feel?
- Is better if you meditate with more people?
- How long do you usually meditate and what’s in your mind when meditating? How efficiently keep concentrating?