Lightly jogging/marching in place for a few minutes may be enough to warm the body to go into a stretch, but you still want to consider including a stretch at the end as well.
Post workout stretches for me feel more productive of the two and are the gateway to relaxing. More importantly, I think you should do what feels best to you, even if it changes day to day.
after a workout to help cool down so you don’t go from exercising to completely stopping your body from moving which also is not good. Also try and go for a quick walk as a cool down when you’re done. 🙂
- I want to know how to relax while stretching
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?